Working within the Group I.T Department to provide services and support to group services and operating businesses in the UK.
The full-time role involves working within the Business Intelligence team to deliver quality systems and solutions to our internal and external customers.
- Provide day to day support for users of the Cognos reporting solution and other BI platforms.
- The major area of focus of the role involves the Analysis, Design and Implementation of BI solutions to meet Internal and External Customer needs, including integration of databases. The use of the Cognos development toolset is essential to the role.
- Design and deliver end-user training and supporting materials.
- Presenting information through reports and visualizations.
- Develop and update technical documentation.
- Develop and create tools to store data (e.g. OLAP cubes, relationally modelled data, relational data bases)
- Provide administration for access request and user security.
Information sharing Solutions
- Provide day to day support and administration for users of reporting systems and BI platforms.
- Assist in the support and development of existing systems and processes and recommend improvements.
- Change Management Controls, Change Request System, Knowledge base, Help Desk, Asset databases and intranet platforms.
- Travel to remote factories/sales offices may be required, including International travel when necessary.
- The Department seeks to continuously improve and move forward; it is essential the I.T Team is able to adapt to the changing business needs.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- We are looking for a self-starter who is able to work under his/her own initiative
- Experience of IBM Cognos reporting solution, preferably Cognos Analytics or familiarity with other BI technologies.
- Experience of Microsoft SharePoint platforms, SQL Server and Logi Analytics is desirable.
- Previous experience in a Sales and Distribution environment with a strong understanding of related business processes would be beneficial.
- Excellent analytical skills and a logical approach to problem solving.
- Excellent communication and presentational skills and effective team worker.
- Experience using TSQL and reporting application functions to produce datasets.
- Good level of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills are essential.
- PowerShell or other scripting experience is desirable.
- The ability to work to fixed deadlines is essential.
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude