Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
The primary purpose of the Business Data Analyst role is to support more effective business reporting within the Supply & Fulfilment function, and to the UKI Supply & Fulfilment Senior Management Team. The position will form part of the UKI Operational Excellence Team and It can be summarised under two headings:
- Strategic: understanding the unmet reporting needs of the businesses, and developing solutions to meet these needs;
- Analytical: undertaking self-directed analysis of data to uncover new insights into the Baxter business, which in turn drive the business forward.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet periodically with UKI Supply & Fulfilment Senior Management Team, to understand their reporting needs, and to propose solutions. Such solutions should include suggestions on what additional data should be captured, and how, as well as on what reports can be produced. Business reporting needs should be captured in a single workplan, with timescales and responsibilities clearly defined.
- Analyse Supply & Fulfilment data in combination, going beyond basic activity measures to identify factors driving results, positive and negative. Provide results and recommendations to optimise positive and minimise negative factors.
- Undertake annual review of Supply & Fulfilment Strategic Objectives, making recommendations of where reporting levels should be revised. Specifically identify opportunities to increase visibility and tracking, through enhanced reporting processes.
- Analyse operating costs to identify potentially unjustifiable costing, and work with businesses to minimise risk/ maximise opportunities to increase operating costs versus sales percentage.
- Analyse the success of Strategic Objectives, and their correlation to the success of each department.
- Analyse supply and fulfilment data to uncover less obvious trends/ provide clear pictures of the business performance (including the use of external data points, such as hospital size, bed numbers, patient demographics, etc). Make recommendations to the business on areas to focus on, based on analysis of what is likely to drive the most positive impact for the company.
- Recommend improvements to reporting/ data structures used for reporting.
- Support reporting for projects on an ad-hoc basis.
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel
- Advanced DBA skills
- Ability to understand and interpret SQL
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- High level of numeracy
- Ability to understand and interpret business reporting requirements, and deliver results based on the data available
- Highly developed presentational skills, both in person and through reports created
- Ability to offer reporting solutions to meet business needs
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information