As we enter one of the most exciting times in our history we are looking for a Head of Data Enablement that oozes our Virgin values and embraces the on-going ways of working within Liberty Global.
Why Virgin Media? We are the future. We understand our people, their lifestyles and we support them no matter what. We LOVE being different, thinking outside the box and being the best we can be, all the time.
What will you be doing?
The purpose of this role is to drive, in partnership with digital teams, business teams across Virgin Media and technology partners (internal and external) the adoption of consistent frameworks, processes, architecture and supporting tools for analytics needs. This role will drive the adoption of data governance practices and own the creation of high quality data assets to enable the exploitation of data, analytics and data science across VM.
- Strategy – to develop and deliver a strategy for the development and adoption of consistent frameworks, processes, architecture and supporting tools for analytics needs. This includes determination of appropriate operating and engagement models with stakeholders and other functional teams across Virgin Media and Liberty Global.
- Delivery – direct accountability for the delivery of quality assets that enable the adoption of data and insight across Virgin Media. Key functional areas of accountability include:
- Data Development – the delivery and maintenance of enterprise quality data assets addressing the strategic data needs of the Insight Hub and teams across Virgin Media
- BI Development – the creation of robust reporting capabilities – including the creation and ongoing development of a ‘reporting factory’ ensuring efficient and repeatable delivery of core BI assets
- Data Governance – the delivery of an enterprise data governance implementation roadmap including strategic priorities for development of information-based capabilities. This should be delivered in close partnership with Data Security and Privacy teams.
- ‘Cloud first’ – leading the development of cloud-first initiatives which exploit digital capabilities in the support of data, analytics and data science across Virgin Media and the ‘mission critical’ environment required for real-time personalised decisioning.
- Budgets – accountable for the development and management of budgets which underpin the Data Enablement function.
- Team Play – setting and delivering the vision for team design, operating model, interfaces and progression – within the context of the Insight Hub, the Digital Directorate and across Virgin Media.
- Partner and Vendor Management – the establishment and ongoing maintenance of a partner management strategy across Data, BI Delivery and Data Governance areas. Collaboration in vendor selection and management with procurement teams across Virgin Media and Liberty Global.
- Business Continuity – to manage business continuity plans and succession planning across the team, including robust approaches to recruitment and career progression.
- Personal Development – to take full accountability for development of self and the development of team members. This includes proactive skills and talent management and career progression for all in the team.
Are you right for the role?
So it’s the moment of truth, right? What are we looking for in the successful candidate?
- Proven experience in delivery of data development, BI development and data governance services within a large corporate organisation
- Demonstrable experience of leading data development, BI development and data governance teams through the implementation of new frameworks, tools and techniques that led to improvements in business performance
- Proven experience of working with cloud-based analytics products
- Strong Influencing skills at functional leadership team level
- Demonstrated consulting skills, including change management concepts and strategies
- Experience of partner development and management
- Strong track record of communication skills at a leadership level
- Ability to coordinate strategic initiatives
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!