AstraZeneca is currently on an exciting journey and as part of our Digital foundation is updating our ERP backbone. The first step, simplification of our ERPS landscape and harmonising our global product codes is well advanced, and has recently had additional Finance simplifications added into scope. As a result, we have an exciting opportunity available on a fixed term basis (to mid August 2021) to manage the harmonisation of the main UK company codes.
The role will manage a major project within a function or geography or a major work stream within a larger delivery programme. You will lead a project team from initiation to close, to deliver effective solutions that meet approved customer and business needs. Project / Programme Managers are accountable for determining and delivering solutions to approved budget and schedule commitments whilst meeting required quality and compliance standards. Focus areas include Risk Management and delivery of business benefit. This role is also required to follow established project management standards and contribute to continued development of the project management capability.
What you'll do
- Agree and deliver plans for projects / programmes (or contribution in part to a larger project), including activities, resources, costs, roles, responsibilities and quality as defined in the IT Project Management Methodology (ADF).
- Oversee project / programme budgets, forecasts, tasks, schedules, risks, change activities, and status to support effective decisions and project reporting. Coordinate status of project workstreams. Identify / manage dependencies between projects (intra-program and across portfolio).
- Own key relationships, ensuring effective capturing of business requirements and commitment to project/program objectives. Responsible for Company Code Harmonisation at steering meetings, including communication of status, issues, risks.
- Ensure effective risks & issues management processes are in place and effectively used. Resolve problems and raise as appropriate.
- Ensure dependencies between company code harmonisation and other areas of the programme / external to ERPS are identified, understood, made transparent and effectively managed.
- Build a cohesive project team and provide the leadership necessary to ensure the team’s success. Provide individual coaching and development of team members as needed.
- Manage changes to project/programme scope, ensuring that all impacts and changes are approved and appropriately communicated.
- Ensure the project team adheres to all standards including ADF, quality, and compliance, as well as processes, defined technical capabilities, and standard methodologies. Lead Decision Point review processes.
- Ensure expected benefits realisation is consistent with the expected outcomes of the project and clearly understood by all.
- Provide Project Support Office support for data loads and some change activities as the need arises.
- Budget for a project of $4.1m with team members across the UK Hub, UK Marketing Company, and representatives of a wide range of parties across Finance and Operations.
Essential for the role
- Technical or Business Degree or relevant demonstrable experience
- Experience leading and developing project teams with a diverse blend of skills and capabilities
- Demonstrable skills and experience managing and controlling project budgets
- Evidence of developing innovative solutions that have a major impact within the business area and organisation
- Considerable experience as an Associate PM or equivalent role
- Experience working in a global organisation.
- Strong Project and Programme Management Skills
- Demonstrated problem solving capabilities.
- A capable knowledge of Financial Management and Benefits Delivery practices.
- Understanding of Experience large IT transformation programmes implemented within a business context.
- Good communication, relationship and consulting skills
Desirable for the role
- Project / Programme Management certifications
- Strong leadership skills
- Agile, Lean & Six Sigma Skills