At AstraZeneca, we follow the science, turning ideas into life-changing medicines. In Research & Development IT, we’re applying cutting edge technologies such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, data engineering and analytics to provide business-critical insights to help deliver breakthrough drug discovery and drive digital transformation as strategic business partners.
Our business relies on the most up-to-date software to turn ideas into life-changing medicines that benefit patients the world over. Solution Delivery within Research & Development IT builds, develops, deploys and integrates that software – on time and budget, to the highest quality standards and against AstraZeneca’s business strategy. As a Project Management Office (PMO) lead within the Growth Through Innovation Programme and the wider Data and Analytics space, you’ll be part of a passionate and expert team of IT professionals that harnesses agile delivery, adheres to our right-first-time principles and makes ‘the best’ the benchmark!
We are looking for an experienced PMO lead to build and manage the various PMO services that are required to help manage, track and report on our data and analytics portfolio which includes large programmes and the various workstreams/projects that are placed to deliver against the portfolio.
Candidates should expect a collaborative, exciting, ambitious and fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will have experience of setting up PMO’s in larger programmes and portfolios from scratch and will know what “a great PMO” looks like and what services need to be in place to support projects and workstreams in large programmes in Research & Development for a global biopharma company.
- Ensuring consistent use of the ServiceNow (SNOW) PPM tool across the portfolio
- Analysis of PPM data and reporting of overall program health and acting to resolve issues
- Support of project managers in their end to end project set up, execution and closure
- Management of overall Project/Programme governance ensuring projects are following methodology
- Project and Program level financial budgeting, forecasting and cost management tracking and programme / portfolio level risk and issue management
- Owning or inputting to the overall Program integrated plan and Roadmap and all workstream interdependencies
- Programme level change management process on scope, schedule, finance and resources as well as steering group status reporting to various levels of business and IT stakeholders
- Managing resource plans and driving recruitment of vacancies using the resource demand tool, leading contractor and third-party sourcing and recruitment administration
- Managing Programme and project document repositories and tooling, whilst effectively presenting on processes and procedures across the Programmes and Portfolio
- Ownership of adhoc reporting requests for information on all key Programme and Portfolio components
- Ensuring Programme level data is fed into overall organisational wide reporting
- Helping to coordinate all PI planning sessions and supporting provision of all outputs
- Continuous improvement of all above processes
Essential Skills/key capabilities:
- Demonstrated experience in PMO set up and management in a similar environment, supporting / managing global projects and programs
- Full understanding of typical PMO services and how to implement them across large Programmes
- Experience in the use of Project Portfolio Management tools for managing and reporting on large programs and portfolios
- Experience in driving continuous improvements to processes
- The ability to work as a flexible, pro-active team member and to liaise with staff at all levels
- To prioritise own workload, self-motivating and able to work without close supervision
- Excellent time management skills
- Able to provide support and motivation to others in the project/program
- Good written, verbal, communication skills, people skills and concern for high standards
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
- Experience / knowledge in practicing project management methodologies, including Agile
Sound like a career move which excites you? Apply today to part of something extraordinary....
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all you for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.