Join Virgin Media as Planning Manager within the Consumer Corporate Development and Strategy team. This is a key role in the transformation planning for the Consumer Division, integrating into the Virgin Media Budgets, Forecasts and Long Range plan (LRP) and wider Liberty Global strategy.
As an agile business partner tracking quantitative and qualitative performance in the Consumer business, acting as a course corrector and information sharer where needed whilst supporting the Consumer priority roadmap across the business. Driving Consumer project delivery, ensuring cross-functional working and reporting, to ensure our network, IT and delivery teams prioritise to deliver our Consumer plans.
- Deliver cross-functional programme reporting to track all risks and opportunities against our LRP and Budget to ensure the leadership team have a holistic view of programme delivery and financial tracking.
- Develop use of planning tools to streamline reporting across end-to end delivery of programmes and align with reporting in LG and the wider business.
- Provide increased governance over financial performance of projects, driving improvement in programme tracking and reporting across costs and benefits.
- Ensure goals and targets are clearly defined and understood across business units and programme managers to drive effective tracking and reporting of projects.
- Provide solid strategic direction and support to drive the programmes and concepts for our Consumer strategy including investment cases and CAPEX/OPEX planning.
- Facilitate decision making and resource allocation across strategic initiatives, recommending on programme and project prioritization and ensure the leadership team are fully involved and apprised of progress and decisions.
- Liaise with the business to incorporate the marketing, sales, operations, network and commercial strategies into the LRP and Operating Plan and work with Finance to align the budget.
So what are we looking for?
- Innovative thinker that collaborates passionately to drive activities that enable the achievement of a brilliant customer experience. Effectively forming relationships in a flexible approach, with experience managing within matrix organisations to achieve and exceed stretching targets.
- Analytical ability to analyse and understand complex data to understand key business drivers and summarise implications to present key messages to executive level to underpin strategic and tactical decision making.
- Excellent conflict management skills with an acute ability to manage self under pressure.
- Experience in similar planning role consulting with stakeholders with a proven track record of programme reporting and management. Tracking quantitative and qualitative performance in the Consumer business alongside performing external research and keeping up to date with topical developments, including new products, services and trends.
- Market leading knowledge of the UK Telecoms marketplace or consumer subscription business.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!