At AstraZeneca, patients are at the heart of everything we do.
A global company that pushes the boundaries of science, we all share a big purpose: to discover and develop life-changing medicines that save lives.
In Operations IT we focus solely on performance and strategy – leading transformation and innovation and managing the development of new solutions. Collaborative and personable, we’re constantly liaising with multiple teams to understand their needs, monitor performance, and communicate changes. From system owners to system delivery teams, we’re the connected hub that drives things forward.
In this role you will provide data driven insights for business decision makers to be used in the development of business intelligence, optimise effectiveness and/or predict business outcomes. The role will drive the analysis of data to support the process through the identification, analysis and interpretation of trends or patterns and prepare ongoing reports and data visualisations to aid in complex data storytelling. The role may coordinate the creation, maintenance and/or improvement of exploratory and predictive analytics statistical models for ongoing and ad hoc review and analysis of data. The Insights Analyst will work autonomously with limited direct supervision from senior team members. Will provide coaching, task management and support to Associate Insight Analysts.
What you'll do
- Coordinating the implementation of analytical and data visualisation solutions designed to drive the interrogation of datasets for insights in business application areas within defined project scope. Solutions may employ the use of dedicated business intelligence applications and/or cloud services but may also utilise the reporting capabilities of existing ERP, CRM and/or database software vendors and analytical software such as R & Python.
- Build and develop effective relationships to ensure utilisation and value of information resources and services. Clearly and objectively communicate results, as well as their associated uncertainties and limitations
- Utilise your expertise in exploratory, descriptive and predictive data analytics to contribute to projects across multiple functions and shape delivery of solutions that drive business value.
- Develop visualisations and tools to support and deliver innovative and complex analytical solutions
- Develop and apply ongoing knowledge and awareness in trends, standard methodology and new developments in analytics to shape solutions
- Review and develop working practices to ensure that work is delivered to robust quality standards within defined scope
- Provide support to collaborators on optimal use of key data and analysis
Essential for the role
- Good understanding of at least one business area from either Supply Chain or manufacturing
- Demonstrates previous experience in bridging the gap between IT and the business using data analytics to assess processes, determine requirements and deliver data driven recommendations and reports.
- Demonstrated knowledge of data analytic and visualisation tools such as Qlik, PowerBI, R, Python etc
- Ability to draw conclusions from data and effectively present these in a succinct fashion.
- Familiarity with database systems (eg SQL, NoSQL, graph)
- Excellent written and verbal communication, business analysis, and consultancy skills
- Bachelors Degree in relevant field or considerable experience
Desirable for the role
- Masters Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Statistics, Economics, or a related quantitative field.
- Comfortable working in high performance computing or cloud environment
- Experience in life sciences and healthcare
- Knowledge of Hadoop, apache spark, R, Big Data technologies