Investment Associate | £30K - £35K | Gaming Investments | Baker Street
Graduate job (permanent)
This is a permanent role offering £30K - £35K depending on experience based in Baker Street
Day-to-day activities will include…
- Identifying and nurturing the leading early stage games and gambling companies
- Identifying deals
- Researching companies
- Carrying out detailed due diligence
- Relationship management of potential and existing portfolio
- Researching Using desktop and proprietary tools, and combining with data from within our ecosystem of investee companies, ensuring the company has a finger on the pulse of the stats and trends of the European and US online gambling and gaming scene.
- Mapping investment opportunities through attending events, conferences and data analysis
- Reviewing investment decks that are sent in via the company website and through their network and present qualified opportunities to the team
- Engaging with startup founders to understand their businesses and the markets
- Building investment propositions around our market segments to identify the most interesting new companies
- Carrying out Due Diligence on qualified opportunities.
- Working on projects with portfolio companies around strategy, product, financings etc and helping portfolio companies learn from each other
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications…
- Russell Group university in Maths, Business, or Science subject with 2:1 and above
- Wants to be in the Venture Capitalist world
- Strong demonstrated interests in entrepreneurialism, business, and technology
- Understanding and/or demonstrated interest in gaming or gambling sectors
- Well-developed analytical skills
- Intellectual curiosity
- Highly motivated and self-driven, the work is open-ended and you will often be expected to work with little guidance
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good numeracy skills and working familiarity with Excel and PowerPoint.
- Prior work experience in technology, Big 4, strategy consulting or investment banking a plus
What are the perks of working at this company?
- Great first step into the Venture Capital world
- Incredible learning opportunity
- Exposure to the latest innovation and tech talent in London
- Opportunity for travel to Israel and Europe
- Highly autonomous role