Main activites and responsibilites
Support on customer satisfaction programmes
- Support on management of customer satisfaction programmes, including studies that track our contributors, buyers and users.
- Provide and develop technical solutions that help to automate processes (using tools such as SQL, KNIME and/or Python).
- Programme questionnaires and enhance interface capabilities of web based surveys to improve customer experience.
- Undertake analyses using a variety of tools, methods and techniques, for identification of trends, intergrating where possible relevant data from multiple sources (including usage data, finanical data, as well as external economic sources) in order to tell the customer story.
- You will need to understand the mechanics of data integration and data engineering. You will be manipulating and analysing large data sets using statistical modelling techniques
- Improve our quarterly reporting via existing dashboards which use ConfirmIT (our survey tool).
- Define and develop best-fit reports/ dashboards for business (using tools such as Tableau where appropriate).
- Provide analysis and insights that are easily understood.
Ensure rigour on projects
- Ensure that there is high standard of rigour and analysis on projects, adhere to a consistent approach to sign-posting results and measuring performance.
- Identify and fix defects in a timely manner.
- Deliver detailed documentation outlining approach to projects/dashboard, including analysis and data definitions.
- Collaborate effectively with team members to define project requirements, timelines, and outcomes.
- Provide accurate status reporting to supervisors and management.
- Keep up-to-date with the lastest technologies.
Functional and Technical Competencies
- Self-starter, very organised with great project management skills, able to balance several projects at once and work to tight deadlines.
- Highly numerical. Comfortable analysing large data sets. Has good knowledge of databases (e.g. SQL). Able to identify interesting patterns in data sets and drive insight from data.
- Code proficiently in the key programming languages, Knowledge of python and/or R preferred.
- Knowledge of applications such as Knime, SPSS advantageous.
- Knowledge of viusalisaion applications such as Tableau a plus.
- Knowledge of survey software (ConfirmIT particularly advantageous).
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft applications especially Excel.
Education, Knowledge and Experiences
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably in computer sciences or related discipline
- Experience in web application development.
- Experience or knowledge of data manipulation techniques.
- Personable and a good communicator.
- A good command of written and oral English.
- Hard working, methodical with strong attention to detail.
- The ability to develop a good understanding of the products, markets, and cross matrixed organisation.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or email@example.com .