The big question: why on earth should a Tech professional like you work for a 150-year-old retail chain? Because we’re on a journey. Changing the way we operate. Learning to think nimble. Giving our teams the time and freedom they need to push boundaries. To create amazing systems and technologies. To give our colleagues and our customers even more incredible experiences.
#There are thousands of experts to talk to and learn from. We’ve got data from billions of transactions for our teams to play with. Things get built here. They get made here. They hit customers and colleagues quickly. Welcome to the home of Sainsbury's Tech.
You’ll be joining the Digital family in Sainsbury’s Tech. You will be building the products and services that underpin the groceries online website so everything that happens from when you click buy to groceries arriving at your door. This involves planning, scheduling, routing, taking payments, order management and notifying our customers.
The team you’ll join works on high throughput systems that process all of our groceries orders. You will be helping to support migrating capabilities to our cloud based, event driven microservices platform.
- Java 11 with tools and frameworks like Spring Boot, Hibernate and Maven
- Message bus and queue technologies like ActiveMQ or Kafka
- Spock and Gatling, where appropriate, for testing (TDD/BDD)
- Jenkins for CI/CD
- Docker and Kubernetes for deployment
- ElasticSearch, Kibana, Grafana, Prometheus for monitoring and alerting
You don’t need experience with everything in this list!
About the role:
- Write well-structured clean code to improve the lives of our customers and colleagues
- Create automated tests including unit, behavioural, volume, performance and security, using tools such as Junit, Spock, and Gatling, where appropriate
- Work with supporting infrastructure as code and use CI/CD pipelines to deploy your code into the cloud
- Employ agile ways of working to discover, assess and build products, collaborating through scrum, pairing and mobbing
- Visualise your product’s behaviour in production
What we’re looking for:
- Demonstrate and promote positive attitudes and behaviours, such as collaboration, learning, sharing, respect and motivation
- Ideally you should show a good level of understanding across a variety of technical skills, demonstrate and promote good attitudes and behaviours, such as collaboration, learning, sharing, respect and motivation
- We are continuing to grow our DevOps culture so a belief in this way of working helps, as we build and own the entire stack, and endeavour to automate as much as possible
- Willing to work with a range of technologies such as AWS, Node.js, MySQL, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform and friends
- A belief in a DevOps culture as we build and own the entire stack, and endeavour to automate as much as possible, deploying several times a day with zero downtime
In return you’ll get:
- Colleague discount across the multi-brands – Sainsburys, Argos, Habitat
- Holiday allowance
- Bonus scheme
- Pension plan
- Private Healthcare
- Special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more
Flexible working and job share conversations are encouraged. Across our multi-brands, we’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer that champions a diverse and inclusive culture. If you’re reading this, even if you’re not 100% sure you’re there with your experience, we’d still love to hear from you. If you’d like to find out more head to Sainsbury's Tech