Ovarro is a market-leading provider of remote solutions to monitor and control critical, national infrastructure throughout the world. Our connected technology is always there, always on.
We're looking for a Software Engineer to work within our Data Analytics Engineering Team.
- Completing assigned tasks and assisting other development colleagues in completing their tasks.
- Assisting Support and Sales colleagues to resolves issues quickly and efficiently.
- Working alone or in a team to create new application and features to the primary web platform.
- Assisting in managing, maintaining and developing cloud native solutions.
- Evaluating new and emerging technologies and reporting findings to colleagues and managers.
- Working closely with clients and other stake holders to generate value from software-based solutions.
- When required take part in learning exercises set by colleagues and management as part of continuous training and improvement processes.
- Assisting in the training of more junior colleagues and non-technical stake holders.
- Experience with ASP.NET in either .Net Core or .Net Framework versions, ideally both.
- A strong working knowledge GIT, with demonstrable experience of using GitHub or Bit Bucket.
- Able to write complex queries in TSQL, SQL.
- Have a strong understanding of both SQL and No-SQL databases. And can clearly demonstrate when to use SQL, No-SQL or both.
- Experience Using MSSQL or MongoDB, ideally both
- Experience working in an Agile environment with teams across the globe.
- Experience using a Cloud service provider: AWS, Google Cloud, Azure. Azure is preferred but experience with other cloud provides would be considered.
- Experience using a modern front-end development framework: Vue, Angluar, React, etc. Vue is preferred.
- Experience of using both Windows and Unix operating systems for both local development and production deployments.
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience creating progressive web applications
- Ability to work in a team
- Desire to learn new technologies and skills
- Self motivated, with a desire for constant self-improvement and learning
Ovarro recognise the need for a diverse workforce and we are committed to equal opportunities in employment.
Ovarro employees and candidates who apply to work at Ovarro will be treated fairly and valued equally. All job requirements fit the needs of the business and those who work in it, regardless of age, disability, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, religion, beliefs, sexual orientation, domestic circumstances, social and employment status, HIV status, gender reassignment, political affiliation or trade union membership.
Reference ID: VN153
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £25,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
- Store discounts