Exscientia is at the forefront of Artificial Intelligence (AI) driven drug discovery and the only company to successfully design drug molecules entirely by AI that are in clinical studies. As a full stack AI Pharmatech, we are capable of generating our own experimental data to complement the analytical power of AI and the creativity and expertise of our world-class scientists. We aim to revolutionise the pharmaceutical industry by significantly shortening the preclinical drug discovery stage to accelerate new treatments to patients globally. Exscientia is looking for extraordinary people to join its extraordinary mission: to revolutionise the way new medicines are discovered.
Following multiple high-profile partnerships and our most recent Series C fundraise we are now adding a key appointment to our group, Machine Learning Engineer. This position is within our rapidly expanding AI Engineering Team which is responsible for the end-to-end design, development and deployment of the core AI drug design platform.
We are looking for an experienced and highly-motivated Machine Learning Engineer to continue to grow our automated drug discovery platform. You will be an integral member of a world-class team of engineers, researchers and drug hunters focused on applying AI to achieve unprecedented productivity gains in small molecule drug discovery.
You will have the opportunity to
- Be responsible for extending the capabilities of our automated design pipeline.
- Design and build large-scale, robust machine learning pipelines.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams and computational drug designers to help plan, prioritise and deliver new functionality, for application on active drug discovery projects.
- Take responsibility for the delivery of new functionality; solving problems, communicating progress and working effectively with other team members.
- Help grow and develop this rapidly expanding team by mentoring, demonstrating best practices and contributing to the engineering culture at Exscientia.
What will you bring to the role?
- A Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or a related field.
- Solid understanding of machine learning, both classical and deep methods.
- Hands-on experience of collaborative software development, numerical computing, algorithm design and distributed systems.
- Experience automating large-scale machine learning pipelines on cloud infrastructure.
- Ability to design and build efficient data preparation, training and prediction workflows.
- Some knowledge of database systems, both relational and non-relational, a plus.
- Experience with ML Ops, continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) frameworks.
- Excellent communication skills, organised and motivated.
- Strong team player with an inclusive mindset that is willing to listen and learn from others.
- Passionate about the idea of discovering novel therapeutics through the application of technology.
What can you expect from us?
- Making a positive contribution to patients by revolutionising the pharmaceutical industry through AI driven discovery
- Joining a scaling AI organisation with world class technical and scientific leaders
- An opportunity to grow your career with us as we grow our organisation
- We offer a highly competitive compensation to support our employees as we continue to grow and thrive
- The opportunity to join an inclusive, collaborative and intellectually stimulating culture
- Working in modern offices with state of the art laboratories
- Fantastic free food and drinks on offer