Exscientia is at the forefront of Artificial Intelligence (AI) driven drug discovery and the only company to successfully design drug molecules entirely by AI that are in clinical studies. As a full stack AI Pharmatech, we are capable of generating our own experimental data to complement the analytical power of AI and the creativity and expertise of our world-class scientists. We aim to revolutionise the pharmaceutical industry by significantly shortening the preclinical drug discovery stage to accelerate new treatments to patients globally. Exscientia is collectively working to build a cutting-edge future and we are looking for like-minded individuals to join our journey.
We are currently seeking two highly-motivated lab software engineers with strong backgrounds in software development and experience or interest in building enterprise products. Bring your whole self to work and use your hard earned skills for the benefit of the whole of society and deliver AI as a force for good.
As a Software Engineer at Exscientia, you will be based at our Oxford office, working as part of an agile team on greenfield and established projects using modern tools and cloud-based technologies. You will collaborate closely with Lab scientists, software developers and research engineers to help us build upon Exscientia’s proven record of success.
You'll have the opportunity to
- Help us build the next generation of Centaur, the industry leading automated drug design platform.
- Plan, design and implement key user facing workflows within the platform.
- Promote UX best practises such as rapid prototyping and optimising user journeys.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure requirements are complete and meet expectations.
What you will need
- Highly motivated with a track record of success.
- 2+ years software engineering experience.
- Mastery of Python.
- Proven ability with front end frameworks such as React, Vue, or Angular.
- BSc degree in Computer Science, Biochemistry, Chemistry or relevant field.
- Proven ability with database technologies such as MariaDB, Postgres, or Oracle.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence requirements.
- Experience with application frameworks such as Django, Flask, Phoenix.
What would be great to have
- Experience or interest in Life Sciences / Drug Discovery.
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Familiar with engineering best practises such as planning epics, writing many different kinds of tests and developing CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with one of the major Cloud vendors AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Knowledge of REST conventions and API tooling such as Swagger, API Gateway, Django REST Framework, GraphQL
- Experience with cloud automation via Ansible, Terraform or Cloud Formation.
- Good understanding of microservices architectures.
What will you get from us?
- Making a positive contribution to patients by revolutionising the pharmaceutical industry through AI driven discovery
- Joining a scaling AI organisation with world class technical and scientific leaders
- An opportunity to develop your career with us as we grow
- We offer a highly competitive compensation to support our employees as we continue to grow and thrive
- The opportunity to join an inclusive, collaborative and intellectually stimulating culture
- Working in modern offices with fantastic free food on offer