Exscientia is at the forefront of Artificial Intelligence (AI) driven drug discovery and the only company to successfully design drug molecules entirely by AI that are in clinical studies. As a full stack AI Pharmatech, we are capable of generating our own experimental data to complement the analytical power of AI and the creativity and expertise of our world-class scientists. We aim to revolutionise the pharmaceutical industry by significantly shortening the preclinical drug discovery stage to accelerate new treatments to patients globally. Exscientia is looking for extraordinary people to join its extraordinary mission: to revolutionise the way new medicines are discovered.With our brand new, purpose-built laboratories soon coming on-line at the Oxford Science Park, we are seeking a highly motivated Laboratory Technician to join our growing team. In this role you will work closely with laboratory scientists and be responsible for supporting laboratory operations by maintaining an efficient and effective lab environment. You will be an integral member of a world-class team, directly helping to build upon Exscientia’s proven record of success.
Who are we looking for?
- You will have some experience working in a laboratory environment
- You will be excited by the challenge of working with multiple scientific teams in the lab
- You will be looking to build your skillset and learn from new experiences in a growing laboratory
What will you be doing in this role?
- Maintaining laboratory supplies
- Ordering and receiving laboratory consumables
- Maintaining a clean laboratory working environment
- Working closely with and supporting core laboratory teams
- Organising equipment servicing and repair
- Assisting with compound logistics and shipping
- Maintaining relationships with external suppliers
What will you bring to the role?
- Preferably biological/life science lab experience
- Academic or industrial background
- An understanding of health and safety
- Strong organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and record-keeping skills: you will need to communicate effectively with team members and with external suppliers
What can you expect from us?
- Making a positive contribution to patients by revolutionising the pharmaceutical industry through AI driven discovery
- Joining a scaling AI organisation with world class technical and scientific leaders
- An opportunity to grow your career with us as we grow our organisation
- We offer a highly competitive compensation to support our employees as we continue to grow and thrive
- The opportunity to join an inclusive, collaborative and intellectually stimulating culture
- Working in brand new, state of the art laboratories
- Modern offices with fantastic free food on offer