The big question: why on earth should a Tech professional like you work for a 150-year-old retail chain? Because we’re on a journey. Changing the way we operate. Learning to think nimble. Giving our teams the time and freedom they need to push boundaries. To create amazing systems and technologies. To give our colleagues and our customers even more incredible experiences.
There are thousands of experts to talk to and learn from. We’ve got data from billions of transactions for our teams to play with. Things get built here. They get made here. They hit customers and colleagues quickly. Welcome to the home of Sainsbury's Tech.
What I need to do:
- Fully exploit the features of the data catalogue
- Appreciate the technical set up
- Input into the standards of data required and input
- Arbitrate and moderate content where conflicts and duplications arise and suggest ways to mitigate in future
- Able to demonstrate the benefits and best practice
- Work with Technical teams to ensure their use of the tools available
- Enable the flexibility in the data catalogue processes to allow users to work with data in a standard approach as well as supporting rapid discovery, prototyping and data science, that can subsequently be turned into production solutions
- Identify appropriate artefacts to be created and ensure these are understood and used by the catalogue community
- Keep the catalogue up to date and removing unneeded articles and data sources.
- Provide training and user guides, in a timely and repeatable fashion, to ensure users are able to continue to exploit the catalogue features as they evolve and develop
- Working with the Meta Data Technical Lead, manage and continuously improve the approach to monitoring and maintaining accuracy, alignment and quality of Meta data, suggesting improvements to the processes where possible.
- Input into the data catalogue capability and toolset, with particular reference to the needs of the internal teams and wider business with appropriate processes and management that integrates with underlying capabilities and the agreed working practicesBe
- Have familiarity with the catalogue software supplier(s), ensuring you are always conversant with the latest versions, their strengths, weaknesses and best practice, working with the Meta data Technical Lead and Technical squads to decide which functions to enable and promote.
- Monitor detailed analytics that allow the Meta data team to understand and improve the effectiveness of the data catalogue, providing input where necessary
What we're looking for:
- Developing a great relationship with Metadata contributors and users
- Be a great communicator and advocate of the benefits of aligned and well managed meta data
- Be able to work with stakeholders, create alignment and broker solutions
- Managing a complex mix of work within tight timescales and budgets in an agile way that ensures maximising our value opportunity (time to value)
- Be seen to be a ‘can-do’ enabler for the catalogue user community
- An understanding of SQL and other data manipulation languages or processes
- An understanding of design and development of data stores, digital solutions, data warehouses, associated reporting and analytics, and associated toolsets
- An understanding of data ownership, management and stewardship
- Excellent knowledge and use of data management and governance toolsets, methodologies and process
In return you’ll get:
- Colleague discount across the multi-brands – Sainsbury’s, Argos and Habitat
- Holiday allowance
- Bonus scheme
- Pension plan
- Special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more
Flexible working and job share conversations are encouraged. Across our multi-brands, we’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer that champions a diverse and inclusive culture. If you’re reading this, even if you’re not 100% sure you’re there with your experience, we’d still love to hear from you. If you’d like to find out more head to Sainsbury's Tech