AlphaSights provides global investment and business professionals with on-demand access to the knowledge they need across all industries and geographies. AlphaSights connects decision-makers from investment management, private equity, management consulting, and corporations with a dynamic network of industry experts who provide qualitative and quantitative market insights, industry expertise, and execution support so our clients can make more informed decisions. Leveraging cutting-edge technology and our global team of 1000+ professionals in nine global offices, we support our clients 24/7 around the world. AlphaSights regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world.
Learn more about life at AlphaSights here.
The Senior Analyst Role
As a Senior Analyst on AlphaSights' Strategy & Analytics team you will play an important role in our fast-paced, entrepreneurial and collaborative environment. You will be instrumental in supporting data-driven performance measurement, analytically grounded decision-making, strategic planning and workforce enabling along a number of key dimensions that are essential to AlphaSights' growth agenda. You will be based in London, but will work with employees from across the organisation opening (both regionally and functionally) to execute strategic projects.
- Contribute to strategic decision-making across a range of topics, by extracting data from proprietary systems, performing quantitative analyses, interviewing internal / external stakeholders, drawing valuable insights and presenting conclusions clearly
- Collaborate with stakeholders in product, data science, engineering, and commercial business units to identify, prioritize, structure, and manage complex issues that drive product and technology innovation priorities, and demonstrate bottom line results
- Design and conduct primary quantitative and qualitative research to identify gaps in client needs to inform both product and commercial priorities
- Continually iterate with and anticipate the needs of commercial business segments to improve client satisfaction and the commercial value of our offering
- Effectively manage data requirements across functions, build dashboards which showcase management information relevant to commercial business segments and internal stakeholders, and help to identify opportunities for growth and improvement
- Take ownership for the real business results and impact associated with the strategic initiatives you implement
More About The Strategy & Analytics Team
This role is an excellent opportunity for motivated and hard-working professionals, who wanted to develop a highly transferable strategy and analytics skill set, and learn from colleagues with backgrounds in management consultancy, corporate strategy and data analytics.
You'll work in a company of driven colleagues from around the world: we work as one global team that's dedicated to growing our business, improving ourselves, supporting one another, and celebrating wins together. Our alumni go on to join some of the world's most prestigious companies or pursue further study at top graduate schools.
Learn more about our Specialist Functions here.
What We Look For
AlphaSights welcomes candidates with different backgrounds and experiences. Here are some qualities that many of our successful applicants possess:
- 2-4 years of professional experience required ideally as an Associate / Analyst within a consulting firm, strategy role, product role, insights role or similar
- Experience working with product or technology teams is a strong plus
- 2:1 or above achieved in a Bachelor's degree in a related field, e.g. Business, Economics, Marketing, Analytics, Engineering
- Strategic, creative thinker with the ability to see/understand the big picture, develop new ideas and think through creative solutions
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills, including an ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and concisely with technical and non-technical teams across multiple business segments
- Direct experience with quantitative and qualitative research methodologies (comfortable writing survey questions, discussion guides, qualitative interviewing, orchestrating focus groups, A/B testing)
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills, strong attention to detail, and an ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases and complete root cause analyses
- Ability to work effectively as an individual and as part of a team, meet tight deadlines and prioritise workloads in a fast-paced environment
- Mastery of Powerpoint
- High proficiency in Excel and Word
- Proficiency in SQL or fundamental understanding of relational databases
- Experience with multiple reporting mediums (e.g., Tableau, Periscope, etc.) is a plus
- Must pass a quantitative based test for application to be progressed