No restraints. No limitations. We don’t simply push boundaries. We completely rethink them. McLaren Automotive exists to create breath-taking performance road cars.
With innovation at the core of all we do, every challenge starts with the same question. How can we do it better? This restless spirit runs right through McLaren Automotive. And the search for perfection is evident in everything we do.
To ensure McLaren Automotive continues its desire to be “the sportscar company”, we are looking for an Warranty Data Analyst to join our Quality team.
- Work with the Senior Analyst – Warranty to collect, prioritise and deliver business requirements for data and analysis
- Develop and support McLaren reporting processes
- Report management of internal and external quality KPI’s/metrics for all McLaren vehicles
- Data analysis on trending issues driving engineering changes to design
- Support Quality Assurance team with any reporting / data queries
- Analysis and reporting of claim data for future product development
- Maintain and improve existing data analysis tools and reports
- Work with both internal and external feedback to positively influence customer metrics
- Monitor and audit McLaren Warranty data quality – within the Warranty system
- Support Retailer network with customer satisfaction and goodwill activities for Warranty cases
- Deliver new insight & analysis that can be used to support operation or mitigate risk
- Support monthly finance meetings
- Support McLaren IT developers with the development of the Warranty system and create operating processes and rules.
- Support McLaren Quality team with component failure route cause analysis and co-ordinate retailer network feedback.
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- Educated to degree level preferably in Mathematics, Economics, Statistics or any other quantitative field
- Computer literate – Microsoft Office suite
- SAP / Business Objects
- Business Intelligence Software – Microsoft Power BI advantageous
- SQL knowledge desirable but not essential
- Advanced Excel skills to interrogate and manage large volumes of complex data.
- Knowledge of the automotive industry / vehicles desirable but not essential
- Ability to work with operational (non-financial) colleagues, most of whom are at a more senior level in the company
- Adaptable, quick thinking, decisive, showing strong initiative and self-determination
- Strong planning, good follows up skills, meticulous in detail
- Demonstrates a methodical approach
- High analytical and strong organisational capacity
- Confident with good interpersonal & communication, (especially verbal & written) skills
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Mobile & willing to travel abroad as requested
- Pro-active, passionate, confident and ambitious individual
- Quick learner
- Strong organizational skills and able to prioritise and risk assess
- Persistence and drive to get the job done
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to manage conflicting priorities and tight deadlines
- Determination to drive forward the business to ‘Best in Class’ performance standards
We recognise that we can only achieve our vision with the dedication and collaboration of our world class employees. It is our aim to become the employer of choice within the global automotive industry