Who we're looking for
A Data Analytics Specialist to join the team's research function in London. Working closely with quantitative researchers and investors within the team and utilising Schroder's broader data platform, the role will primarily focus on providing support to the QEP investment team by ensuring the delivery of timely and accurate data, including research and interpretation in order to recommend investible insights.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future. We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
The QEP investment team manages £16 billion across a range of global equity strategies with clients in multiple regions, predominantly institutional in nature. The team is made up of 30 people based in London, New York and Sydney.
What you'll do
- Manage and own investment data providing support to the rest of investment team
- Interpret data and turn it into investment insights for usage in our investment models
- Conduct exploratory data analysis on novel data sources
- Participate in quantitative research projects under the guidance of the research team to support investment decision processes
- Work closely with quantitative researchers and investors to refine our existing investment and research processes in response to the business and client needs
- Build relationships and seek collaboration opportunities with other investment, distribution, product, trading and technology teams
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- An understanding of financial markets and equity research
- Experience working in a systematic investment environment and an in depth understanding of financial principles
- Candidates need to be accustomed to working extensively with traditional quantitative equity data sources (market data, accounting data, analyst estimates, …)
- Familiarity with alternative data sources (news sentiment, online statistics, industry specific data, …)
- Ability to deal credibly with investors and technologists at all levels of the organisation
- Defining data collection and analysis processes as well as documentation of these processes
- Ability to program in Python and SQL
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- An understanding of Agile practices and methodologies
- Composition and publication skills in order to transfer research into well structured research papers
- Familiarity with machine learning and/or artificial intelligence
- Experience with big data & computing environments (AWS, Hadoop, Spark, ...)
- A degree in an analytical subject (e.g. mathematics, statistics, information technology, economics, econometrics)
- CFA, CQF (or equivalents) or posgraduate degree in finance would be a plus
What you'll be like
- Good communicator
- Excellent at building relationships
- Well organised
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your background, race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.