Exscientia Is a company that is committed to getting medicines to patients in the fastest and most effective manner. We do this by applying the latest research in Artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning and modern high-performance computational methods to transform drug design. Exscientia is at the forefront of Artificial Intelligence (AI) driven drug discovery and the only company to have used AI to design drug molecules that are currently in clinical studies.
All of our Innovation is driven by people; highly talented multi-disciplinary teams that work collaboratively to solve real world drug discovery problems. Following multiple partnerships with many leading Pharmaceutical companies and research institutes, we have a robust and rapidly expanding portfolio of projects and we are looking to substantially expand our technology team and are now adding a key appointment to our group, a Discovery Data Manager. High quality data management is fundamental to the success of Exscientia’s AI drug design platform. At the core of our capabilities is a world-class data management infrastructure. We are seeking an innovative and driven Discovery Data Manager to lead development of this key area.
Reporting to the Chief Informatics Officer, you will be working in a growing multidisciplinary team focussed on delivering real world impact to patients across the globe.
What will you be doing in this role?
- Supporting drug design cycles across multiple projects by ensuring data flows are operating smoothly at all times.
- Liaising with internal and external project teams to drive implementation of data formats, standards and ontologies.
- Working with internal and external project teams to define and implement workflows such that all chemistry and assay data necessary to support project decision making is captured and available.
- Troubleshooting data flow interruptions.
- Coordinating outsourced data curation efforts.
- Managing notification systems to alert project teams to new content from external data feeds.
What will you bring to the role?
- Highly-motivated with a track record of success.
- Proficient in data wrangling with demonstrated prowess in data transformation and standardisation.
- Proven experience operating in a scientific/technical computational environment.
- Familiarity with SQL for basic relational database querying.
- Evidence of extensive domain knowledge with respect to standard medicinal chemistry design-make-test cycles.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong team player with an inclusive mindset.
Desirable skills or experiences
- MSc degree or equivalent industry experience required in Biochemistry, Pharmacology or a related subject.
- Knowledge of ontologies / knowledge frameworks.
- Several years’ experience in chemistry/bioactivity data handling.
- Familiarity with public bioactivity databases such as ChEMBL.
- Familiarity with use of an Electronic Lab Notebook (ELN) system.
- Experience of executing and developing simple command based scripts / data pipelining procedures e.g. Python, shell scripts.
What can you expect from us?
- Making a positive contribution to patients by revolutionising the pharmaceutical industry through AI driven discovery
- Joining a scaling AI organisation with world class technical and scientific leaders
- An opportunity to grow your career with us as we grow our organisation
- We offer a highly competitive compensation to support our employees as we continue to grow and thrive
- The opportunity to join an inclusive, collaborative and intellectually stimulating culture
- Working in modern offices with fantastic free food on offer