Join us as a Data Engineer, Customer Due Diligence Analytics
- This is an exciting opportunity to use your technical expertise to collaborate with colleagues and build effortless, digital first customer experiences
- You’ll be simplifying the bank through developing innovative data driven solutions, inspiring to be commercially successful through insight, and keeping our customers and the bank safe and secure
- Participating actively in the data engineering community, you’ll deliver opportunities to support our strategic direction while building your network across the bank
What you'll do
We’ll look to you to drive value for the customer through modelling, sourcing and data transformation. You’ll be working closely with core technology and architecture teams to deliver strategic data solutions, while driving Agile and DevOps adoption in the delivery of data engineering.
We’ll also expect you to be:
- Delivering the automation of data engineering pipelines through the removal of manual stages
- Developing comprehensive knowledge of the bank’s data structures and metrics, advocating change where needed for product development
- Educating and embedding new data techniques into the business through role modelling, training and experiment design oversight
- Delivering data engineering strategies to build a scalable data architecture and customer feature rich dataset for data scientists
- Developing solutions for streaming data ingestion and transformations in line with streaming strategy
The skills you'll need
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to be an intermediate level programmer and data engineer with a qualification in Computer Science or Software Engineering. You’ll also need a strong understanding of data usage and dependencies with wider teams and the end customer, as well as a proven track record in extracting value and features from large scale data. If you also have experience of Spark or Snowflake, this would be an advantage, but it's not essential.
You’ll also demonstrate:
- Experience of ETL technical design, automated data quality testing, QA and documentation, data warehousing, data modelling and data wrangling
- Extensive experience using RDMS, ETL pipelines, Python, Hadoop and SQL
- A good understanding of modern code development practices
- Good critical thinking and proven problem solving abilities
It would be ideal if you have experience of using Oracle, Unix scripting, Java, cloud, API, NoSQL and Kafka.
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help