Experian BI are a leading data analytics and database services firm. They are looking for a Data Analyst to join their team.
You will be providing analysis and consulting services & solutions, within a data environment, to FTSE 250 clients. You will have the opportunity to work closely with some major blue-chip clients across a number of sectors including Banking, Energy and Telecommunications.
You will also be working directly with senior members of the organisation on a structured career path, which will start with data analysis, consultancy work and database/SQL/Oracle development.
The role requires the ability to carry out analysis independently and you will be expected to support in the development of complex descriptive and predictive analytical solutions using best practice analytical methodologies.
1. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Engagement with clients to ensure requirements and data deliveries are understood and fulfilled accurately and to expectations.
- Effective communication with internal and external stakeholders to ensure high quality of deliveries to our clients.
- Running of simple and complex batch processes to deliver campaign support to clients.
- Simple and complex coding to extract data from files to underpin campaign activities.
- Checking of own and others work for selections and data errors
- Involvement in delivery of high quality work within agreed timescales, contributing towards overall client project goals
- Provision of counts and profile analysis to support campaign and strategic activity for clients
- Learning and spreading best practice
- Owning some complex analytical deliveries
- Owning creating, modifying and monitoring of automated processes for clients.
- Maintaining the code base and incorporating any new developments
- Requiring attention to detail in the quality control, awareness of timelines and being proactive, collaborating with teams to meet these deadlines.
- Understand and participate in performance management processes, setting goals to further develop skillsets and experience
Heart of Experian
- Actively contribute to a culture where the fair treatment of customers is at the heart of the Experian business. Take personal responsibility to ensure that you adhere to all regulatory requirements and apply appropriate controls in the interests of our customers.
2. Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
- Up to 36 months of relevant industry experience
Skills/training needed to perform job or operate competently.
- Experience of SQL
- Experience of Oracle
- Analytical thinking with numerical and data problem solving skills
- Understanding of data, data structures and their value regarding use for analysis, marketing and CRM
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills to engage externally with clients via email, phone, video conference and face-to-face meetings.
- Time management to complete multiple tasks to set deadlines