Working within the Funding Domain at Elsevier, our team provides data to researchers and institutions to help them fund their scientific work. We are a close-knit team who thrive on ideas, communication, support and innovation. We offer an inspiring environment to enable our team to deliver products that make a difference to our customers.
As a member of our team based in London , you will participate in the design and development of back-end systems that support Elsevier’s products. You will collaborate with a passionate Agile team to create innovative solutions for our customers. You will be involved in the software development life cycle from design to coding and unit testing, through to deployment and operation .
As a mid-level Software Engineer, you will be responsible for:
· Writing software while following testing, coding and development process best practices to create robust and stable products
· Working with cross-functional technical teams to understand complex product requirements and translate them into software designs
· Completing bug fixes and resolving technical issues to ensure quality and performance
· Developing your skills and knowledge through learning new technologies
To be successful in this role you will:
· Have a good level of Software Engineering experience in Java or Scala
· Be familiar with micro-services, containerisation and data streaming technologies (like Kubernetes and Kafka)
· Have an awareness of how to write good tests and orchestrate deployments
· Enjoy collaborating with colleagues to share knowledge and create solutions
· Have a can-do attitude and show an enthusiasm for learning new technologies
· Have good verbal and written communication skills
We promote a healthy work-life balance across the organisation . With an average length of service of 9 years, we are confident that we offer an appealing working prospect for our people. With numerous wellbeing initiatives, shared parental leave, study assistance and sabbaticals, we will help you meet your immediate responsibilities and your long-term goals.
· Regular home working possible
· Working flexible hours - flexing the times you work in the day (core hours are 10am - 4pm)
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to help you succeed. Here, you will find a collaborative, innovative and fun environment, where everyone has a part to play. Regardless of the team you join, we will surround you with co-workers who are passionate about what they do, and how they do it.
We want to protect your health, help you accumulate wealth and secure your future. We are therefore delighted to offer:
· Generous holiday allowance with the option to buy additional days
· Access to a competitive contributory pension scheme and life assurance
· 2 days community responsibility days
· Parental leave options
· Health screening and private medical benefits
· Season ticket loan
Supporting the work of research and health partners, we are a global leader in information and analytics. From visionary health education and peer-reviewed literature through to interactive learning technology, our work ultimately improves the health outcomes of society. Constantly striving to spark the next great discovery in science or healthcare, our technology allows big ideas to change the world.
Are you ready to help us progress science ? Our technology leads to innovation, so join a forward-thinking digital business that is tackling world-scale challenges and align your ambitions with our passion for driving global knowledge-sharing.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.877.734.1938