We are looking to recruit for a Biological Data Analyst to join us here at Elsevier in our London Office. We require the candidate to have the following background:
- Understanding of Semantic Modeling and familiarity with semantic tool chain (E.g. Protégé, TopBraid,)
- Experience in Life Sciences /Pharmaceutical sector and working with biological data or bioinformatics
- Knowledge of common biological, chemical, clinical or pharmaceutical data formats and databases
- Skills working with Structured, semi-structured and unstructured data
- Strong programming/data manipulation skills eg Python (Scala and Java also considered), SQL e.g. Java / Scala (Python also considered), SQL
- Exposure to a range of databases/data representations including some of but not limited to: XML, JSON, CSV, MongoDB, SQL Server, MySQL
- Understanding Data Science and associated practices, with experience in the data preparation/wrangling phases.
- Strong foundations in mathematics / engineering / scientific related disciplines
- Being able to work collaboratively as part of a large multidisciplinary agile team is essential
- Passionate about applying their technical development skills to foster data driven collaboration
- Understanding of FAIR data principles a plus
- Fluent in English
- Work with our customers and partners to understand and describe their data
- Perform modelling of life science data, ability to learn and follow Elsevier semantic modeling standards to produce compliant semantic model
- Use production workflows to ingest and expose multiple structured and unstructured scientific data sources
If this role is of an interest to you , please apply now!
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.