Exscientia is seeking a Machine Learning Ops Engineer (MLOps) with a passion for productionising AI methods that will accelerate the drug discovery process. As the MLOps Engineer you will play a crucial role in automating the entire MLOps lifecycle.
Some key challenges we are working on with our method development: how do we automatically design the most efficient compounds satisfying many simultaneous constraints? How do we find the optimal compound to advance to clinical development by making and testing as few compounds as possible and maximise the chance of clinical success?
As the Machine Learning Ops Engineer you will support these exciting areas of AI-driven drug design as part of a talented and inclusive team.
Exscientia Is a company that is committed to getting medicines to patients in the fastest and most effective manner. We do this by applying the latest research in Artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning and modern high-performance computational methods to transform drug design. Exscientia is at the forefront of Artificial Intelligence (AI) driven drug discovery and the only company to have used AI to design drug molecules that are currently
Exscientia Is a company that is committed to getting medicines to patients in the fastest and most effective manner. We do this by applying the latest research in Artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning and modern high-performance computational methods to transform drug design. Exscientia is at the forefront of Artificial Intelligence (AI) driven drug discovery and the only company to have used AI to design drug molecules that are currently in clinical studies. The Machine Learning Ops engineer (MLOps) position is crucial to our continuous growth.
As the Machine Learning Ops Engineer you will have the opportunity to
- Help automate the entire MLOps lifecycle from data prep, training, deployment and monitoring.
- Select, evaluate and integrate industry leading tools and frameworks.
- Design and implement ML pipelines using state of the art tools such as Prefect.
- Collaborate with AI researchers, engineering teams, medicinal chemists, computational drug designers and bioinformaticians. Gather complex requirements and work with them to improve our capabilities.
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field.
- Excellent knowledge of the MLOps life-cycle.
- Mastery of a relevant programming language such as Python.
- Experience with containerisation technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ML is a team sport and you must thrive working in cross-functional squads.
- Deep knowledge of MLOps reference architectures.
- Proven experience with one the major cloud platforms AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) frameworks.
Beneficial skills and experience
- Experience with leading ML platforms such as Azure ML Pipelines, AWS SageMaker, Dataiku, ML Flow, Seldon or Kubeflow.
- Experience or interest in Life Sciences / Drug Discovery.
- Familiarity with major machine learning frameworks such as scikit-learn or PyTorch for building machine learning models and deep neural network architectures.
- Knowledge of programming languages and libraries commonly used in scientific computing and machine learning.
- Familiarity with automation data pipelines, feature stores and cloud data warehouses.
- Hands-on experience with software development best practices, particularly in a collaborative, hybrid environment.
Reasons for joining us
- Making a positive contribution to patients by revolutionising the pharmaceutical industry through AI-driven discovery.
- Kick-start or further grow your career - at Exscientia, you will have the opportunity to acquire valuable skills, work on problems that matter, and learn from world-class technical and scientific leaders.
- Highly competitive compensation as we continue to grow and thrive.
- Funding for professional development and conference attendance.
- Opportunity to join an inclusive, collaborative and intellectually stimulating culture
- Health and well-being are important to us, we provide private healthcare, life assurance, wellbeing and mindfulness support.
- Flexible working and remote working to allow you to manage your own time.
- State of the art laboratories and office space
- A kitchen stocked with endless food for all employees
Exscientia embraces equal opportunity and is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive community where everybody feels welcome. We welcome applications from all people regardless of background. If you're a Machine Learning Engineer looking for a new challenge within an exciting environment at the forefront of AI. then please apply today to learn more!