Exscientia is seeking a Data Engineer or experienced Software Engineers with a proven interest in data to play an important role at the heart of our organisation. The Data Engineer will be responsible for scaling our data architecture and by doing so directly support our AI design processes and enable future innovation.
Exscientia Is a company that is committed to getting medicines to patients in the fastest and most effective manner. We do this by applying the latest research in Artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning and modern high-performance computational methods to transform drug design. Exscientia is at the forefront of Artificial Intelligence (AI) driven drug discovery and the only company to have used AI to design drug molecules that are currently in clinical studies.
All of our Innovation is driven by people; highly talented multi-disciplinary teams that work collaboratively to solve real world drug discovery problems. Following multiple partnerships with many leading Pharmaceutical companies and research institutes, we have a robust and rapidly expanding portfolio of projects and we are looking to substantially expand our technology team and are now adding a key appointment to our group, a Data Engineer. This position is integral to support the Company’s growing array of projects and appetite for scientific innovation.
As the Data Engineer you will have the opportunity to
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to integrate systems and democratise access to data.
- Develop tools, libraries, APIs and frameworks.
- Design and document data processing patterns and pipelines that standardise how we move and store data.
- Work with minimal supervision across the project lifecycle from requirements capture to planning and execution on small and large projects.
- Collaborate with domain experts in cross functional teams to deliver projects.
- Translate high level business objectives into appropriate technical solutions.
What will you bring to the role?
- A Bachelors, Masters, or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or a related field.
- Strong programming skills in Python.
- Advanced knowledge of data storage, ETL, data modelling and SQL.
- Experience with modern data warehouse technologies such as Snowflake or AWS Redshift.
- Strong focus on building scalable distributed solutions.
- Experience with devops concepts and tools e.g. continuous integration and containerisation (Docker and Kubernetes).
- Experience with orchestration systems such as Prefect, AWS Step Functions, Luigi.
- Excellent communication skills, organised and motivated.
- Strong team player with an inclusive mindset that is willing to listen and learn from others.
Reasons for joining us
- Making a positive contribution to patients by revolutionising the pharmaceutical industry through AI-driven discovery.
- Kick-start or further grow your career - at Exscientia, you will have the opportunity to acquire valuable skills, work on problems that matter, and learn from world-class technical and scientific leaders.
- Highly competitive compensation as we continue to grow and thrive.
- Funding for professional development and conference attendance.
- Opportunity to join an inclusive, collaborative and intellectually stimulating culture
- Health and well-being are important to us, we provide private healthcare, life assurance, wellbeing and mindfulness support.
- Flexible working and remote working to allow you to manage your own time
- State of the art laboratories and office space
- A kitchen stocked with endless food for all employees
Exscientia embraces equal opportunity and is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive community where everybody feels welcome. We welcome applications from all people regardless of background. If you're a Data Engineer or Software Engineer looking for a new challenge within an exciting environment at the forefront of AI. then please apply today to learn more!