- Provide insight through the creation and delivery of detailed and repeatable analytical interactive tools and deployable models to support the department’s and VAL’s objectives
- Documentation and explanation of modelling approaches used, presenting continuously to key stakeholders to commission projects and support to BI, OR and business teams
- Determining appropriate procurement of products to achieve DS productionisation vs in house development, cost benefit analysis
- Create and drive best practice in data identification, wrangling and analysis as a step to producing analytical tools for the key directorates using the latest optimised techniques and technologies
- Acts as an authority on statistical significance testing of initiatives and scenario modelling
- Owns the design, development and movement to production/BAU of multiple new analytical tools
- Deep analysis of VAL and wider market movements through automated machine learning techniques
- Design and implementation of advanced algorithms and automation to aid in business decision optimisation, anomaly detection, prediction/forecasting and data quality improvements for data product and operational projects
- Work on and own assigned projects initiatives including planning, research and implementation to deliver to successful conclusion
- Identify new project opportunities with and for directorate Managers
- Create clear testing pipelines and agile plans alongside Data Engineering to ensure CICD of models and outputs
Do you have experience in statistics & computer science? Do you have exceptional analytical skills with the ability to deliver quantitative and insightful analysis? Then this could be the role for youAlongside the above we’re looking for the following:
- Experience of coaching and leading teams of Data Scientists and/or Data Engineers
- Advanced knowledge and practical application of R, Python and SQL scripting
- Knowledge of data management of (non) relational databases is also preferred, ideally knowledge of big data technology such as Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark, Hive and NoSQL
- Proven experience in communicating complex messages to various audiences
- Demonstrated experience in delivering analysis to a high standard and working to deadlines in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Experience of utilising cloud infrastructure and optimisation of computing resources to accomplish high volume data related tasks
- Budget management and understanding of cloud infrastructure costs and optimization of compute resource vs value derivation
If the above sounds like you then we would love to hear from you!
Be yourself - Our differences make us stronger
Virgin Atlantic are committed equal opportunities employers and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy and maternity. Diversity brings strength which is why we strive to provide an inclusive environment where individuality is celebrated, and we can ignite the potential of our forward-thinking mix of people.
Please be aware as part of our recruitment process we may look to use a variety of resourcing tools to help us understand your skills and experience in relation to the role you have applied for. These may include application questions, video interviews or online testing. Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com if there are any reasonable adjustments to our process that you would like us to consider, for example use of hearing loops, sign language interpreter etc. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if there are any issues preventing you from being at your best during your application or assessment process. Any issues raised after your assessment is completed or once a decision has been made will be too late for us to consider within our process.
You'll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values