IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
Consulting Services is the world’s leading, specialised advisor on critical business issues in the life sciences. We are the strategy arm of IQVIA, a leading provider of information, services and technology for the healthcare industry in 100+ countries around the world. Our Consulting Services team offer end-to-end management consulting in key issues areas that include: business unit, therapy area, brand strategy, portfolio strategy, launch strategy, pricing & market access, and commercial model design and optimisation.
Individuals joining us are assured of a rewarding career in life sciences consulting, replete with opportunities to address diverse and challenging client problems, travel on cross-geography projects, interact with senior client leaders and gain exposure to a truly multicultural and collaborative work environment.
To reward you for your hard work you will have the chance to travel globally, establish influential connections, receive world-class training, unparalleled career-development and of course, financial- which is second to none!
We are currently recruiting for team members with an interest in data analytics/AIML consulting, please see below for more details:
Associates – Consultants
Who are you?
- Driven by a passion for using AI for strategic business transformation
- Want to understand life sciences or healthcare business problems and come up with deployable AI and ML approaches to address them
- Able to collaborate with teams with a variety of technical and non-technical roles – in particular, connecting business owners, data scientists, data engineers, ML engineers, data analysts and research scientists
- Work with internal and client business owners to ensure they are asking the right questions
- Willing to understand business research challenges, and how to translate them into analytical questions, collect and clean appropriate data, and apply rigorous data science techniques to extract insights
- Can introduce new emerging techniques and propose ways to implement in our work, where appropriate.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
- Experience in building data solutions for advanced analytics
- Able to design, implement, and evaluate models to analyse structured and unstructured business data
- Can work on rigorous analytical research using a variety of traditional and non-traditional metrics, including strong data extraction and processing skills, like web scraping
- Keen to learn how to clearly communicate complex findings and recommendations to technical and non-technical collaborators.
- Have intellectual curiosity and a willingness to work outside your comfort zone
Desirable consulting skills
- Proven analytical, interpretative and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills and an ability to build credibility with external and internal contacts
- Good commercial awareness/business judgement and an interest in the healthcare industry
- Good project management, time management and organisational skills
- Attention to detail and ability to deliver high-quality work within timeline
- A keenness to learn and commitment to a rapid development curve
- A strong motivation to thrive in a client-focused, international team environment
Technical skills & Other Requirements
- An undergraduate degree with a strong academic track record in STEM subjects
- Knowledge of healthcare patient-level data
- Knowledge of epidemiology / biostatistics, particularly analytical issues relating to studies of treatment effectiveness, disease progression, adherence, healthcare utilization, etc
- Knowledge of healthcare / life science issues involving Real-World Evidence
- Excellent conversational and business English (written and oral); additional languages an advantage
- Knowledge of software engineering and agile principles
- Professional experience in data analytics within a business context.
- Experience translating and communicating quantitative insights for a business audience
Bonus points for:
- Experience in strategy consulting
- Peer-reviewed publications involving machine learning
- Experience with patient-level, longitudinal data
You’ll be responsible for actively participating in the development and delivery of consulting projects by:
- Contributing to internal brainstorming sessions to develop project methodology and recommendations
- Conducting independent desk research to a specific brief using internal and external sources
- Performing quantitative and qualitative analyses to aid development of recommendations; exercise informed business judgment in identifying the approach to the question
- Conducting phone or face-to-face interviews with senior managers and executives in the client team or external stakeholders (e.g. physicians)
- Contributing to the preparation, execution and follow-up of client workshops
- Taking responsibility for creating sections of reports, presentations and other client deliverables, under supervision
- Presenting to client audiences via teleconference or in face-to-face meetings
- Building professional relationships with members of the client team
- Acquiring deep knowledge of IQVIA data sources, acting as expert advisor to other members of the consulting team
- Proactively developing knowledge of the healthcare industry and consulting methodologies
- Assisting in proposal development
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward.
Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there!
We invite you to join IQVIA™
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.