We are looking for an experienced BI Analyst / Data Scientist with advanced expertise in SQL, Tableau, statistical analysis and experience with modelling and machine learning to drive analytics and insights in our group Claims teams.
Claims will kick-off a global transformation programme in 2021. As part of this exciting and challenging agenda the Claims Senior Business Intelligence Analyst will play a crucial role in shaping the future of Claims and delivering high impact data and analytic solutions. The analyst will have the opportunity to work closely with the Claims Leadership based in Atlanta, as well as the broader claims organisation in Europe.
- Partner with business to solve problems. See beyond the numbers and drive understanding of insights and trends
- Articulate analytical findings in clear and concise deliverables, including presentations, discussions, and visualizations to inform stakeholders and validate business strategy.
- Create data views and own data quality. Develop a range of analytics products from exploratory data analysis to predictive and prescriptive models, driven by business priorities
- Accelerate data driven decision making through well directed analysis and client communications
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as may be required by Analytics Manager
- This role is a mix of data science, engineering and business analytics.
- Refine and test KPIs. Ensure metric definitions and calculations are consistent with group.
- Support US claims leadership by addressing ad-hoc analytics problems accurately, timely and completely.
- Improve self-serve reporting by developing dashboards, taking into account trends and common themes from ad-hoc requests.
- Ensure planned projects are delivered on-time and align with group strategy
- Work within agile environment structuring projects into epics and sprints.
- Support data and analytics activities geared towards Claims 2025 initiatives
- Experience building analytics / BI solutions and end-to-end analysis.
- Advanced expertise in SQL, Tableau and Python or R
- Experience in forecasting and timeseries analysis
- Experience in Machine learning and Natural Language Processing (NLP) techniques.
- Bachelor's degree in a field that requires deep analytical thinking and problem solving or equivalent experience. Advanced degree in a quantitative field a plus
- Database management understanding and reporting experience required.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities, and to be able to delegate tasks appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in fast-paced and unstructured environments
- Intellectually curious, high energy, and strong work ethic
- Able to navigate ambiguous situations, identify and solve for blockers with minimal guidance, know how to build cross-organizational partnership.
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up sleeves to get the job done.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Diversity and flexible working at Hiscox
At Hiscox we care about our people. We hire the best people for the job and we’re committed to diversity and creating a truly inclusive culture, which we believe drives success. We also understand that working life doesn’t always have to be ‘nine to five’ and we support flexible working wherever we can. No promises, but please chat to our resourcing team about the flexibility we could offer for this role.