We insure small businesses and enable big dreams – not just for our customers, but for our people and communities too. With over 750,000 active insurance policies, we protect builders, bakers, landlords, and more than 1,000 other trades.
We harness cutting-edge data ability, believe in experimentation, and build our own technology to deliver better experiences for our customers and employees. This means we’re as much a technology company as one that sells insurance. We build, we fail, we learn, we improve. We’re a B Corp too, which recognises our strong track record of having a positive impact on people, society and the environment.
If Simply Business sounds like the kind of place you’ll thrive, we’d love to hear from you.
Working here as we get back to normal
After working remotely for so long, we have a vision for how our people will work with each other now and in the future.
Every employee should have the choice and flexibility to work in a way that’s best for their job, their team, and their life.
We know that being together in person is usually the best way to get work done, which is why our offices will become ‘hubs’ that we expect our employees to visit every so often. That said, there’s no one-size-fits all solution, so all of our people and teams will find the rhythm that suits them best.
We need a Senior Analytics Engineer to join us in London.
Help us drive the effective use of data within our organisation, aligning with business and commercial strategy while supporting marketing and operations. This is part of an exciting journey for our team, as we put in place the organisation, processes and tools to transform the way our business works.
We believe in the power of data to transform and improve any system, be it a single team, or for the organisation as a whole. We see Tech and Business as one team working together on projects (in fact, we even have our business product owners writing code). We do twice yearly hackathons as one example to drive experimentation with new technologies and ways of working.
As a Senior Analytics Engineer you will:
- act as an information evangelist, developing relationships across Marketing and Operations teams to continue developing our data driven culture
- become a trusted domain expert in marketing and operations
- establish firm domain responsibilities for data lineage and negotiate appropriate structures to be built into the wider systems architecture
- collecting requirements; prioritising, designing, delivering and documenting data solutions to marketing and operational data problems
- designing, implementing and maintaining MI and self-serve tools, overseeing data pipelines and ensuring accuracy and timeliness of data
- designing reports & dashboards whilst supporting users self serve and carry out ad-hoc analysis
- contributing to wider process and architectural discussions, leveraging the unique position we hold in the data & analysis team to see across business functions
- mentoring and oversee colleagues, up-skilling and ensuring adherence to best practice principles
- a passion for data and how it can be used to change a business. You should be enthusiastic about spreading this passion far and wide in our business
- very strong SQL, data modelling and visualisation skills, and experience using reporting tools - experience with dbt, Looker, and Airflow desirable
- track record of delivery in data warehousing and multidimensional modelling
- experience collecting requirements from business users, turning these into technical designs and working through the implications of proposed changes
- strong outcome orientation, with a relentless focus on delivering business value within time constraints
- good analytical skills, a precise eye for detail, and an ability to connect the dots
- excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Our culture is inclusive and diverse
Our mission is to make Simply Business synonymous with fairness, belonging and inclusivity. We won’t be happy until we’ve created a truly inclusive culture – where every employee, whatever their background, role, or location, feels comfortable being their authentic self at work.
We all have a part to play – to learn more, to do more and to go further – in building this new reality that’ll be befitting of the diversity of the customers we serve. At Simply Business, we’re all in.
What are the benefits?
At Simply Business, our benefits let you balance life and work properly:
flexible parental leave – you can choose to take shared parental leave, plus we offer full pay for the first six months of your maternity leave and four-week fully paid paternity leave, subject to meeting the qualifying criteria
- remote working – more of us are currently working remotely than usual, but longer-term you can balance working remotely with working in the office, giving you the opportunity to connect with colleagues
- mental health and wellbeing resources – we take your wellbeing seriously, giving you access to counselling (through our Employee Assistance Programme) as well as technology to support your mental health (through the Unmind app)
- paid sabbatical – two weeks off when you’ve been here for five years and four weeks off when you’ve been here for 10 years
- a dedicated learning platform – including a management and leadership programme – the platform lets you balance both work and life goals
And we compensate you fairly:
a competitive salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day
- the potential to earn an annual bonus based on business performance (those on commission-led roles will be rewarded monthly)
- we match what you put into your pension up to five per cent
- a health cash plan reimburses your everyday medical expenses (with the opportunity to increase the level of your plan in your flexible benefits)
- a generous holiday entitlement of 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- life assurance of four times of your basic salary
- Smart Health services including unlimited access to a 24/7 virtual GP
- a flexible benefits scheme with an allocated allowance each year to choose from benefits including private medical insurance, dental insurance, travel insurance, up to five days extra holiday, and gym membership
These values are important to us and our people
These all mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re thinking about working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.
Following the UK's exit from the European Union, there are changes to Legal Right to Work legislation that applicants from the EU will need to be aware of.
Before 30th June 2021, EU/EEA/Swiss citizens have a legal right to work in the UK and can provide a passport as evidence of this. No visa will be required.
From 30th June 2021, EU citizens will be required to provide evidence of settled or pre-settled status in the UK as evidence of right to work. Without this, EU citizens will require a visa to work in the UK.