This role will sit within our Performance Management & Insights (PM&I) Team and will play a key role in the strategy to drive innovation & growth by bringing new offerings to market.
As a Technical Project Management Officer for the IQVIA PM&I Tech Stack (FlexView/SMART), you will be responsible for planning & coordinating all activities related to the delivery of a Business Intelligence (BI) Product, including Software Design & Architecture, Development, Testing and Release Management for core features.
You will use your deep technical and BI domain expertise to devise project management, cross-team communication & collaboration strategies that will ensure milestones are completed to specification, within an established time frame and budget.
You will provide a seamless integration of multiple internal work streams and reporting structures indicative of a large organization. You will secure the implementation of an effective governance framework to manage risk, track activities and communicate relevant KPIs to management.
Key to your role will be the ability to manage scope, schedule and budgets for projects. Strong communication skills will allow you to report on project status and risks, with associated recommendations, to all stakeholders. Lastly you will ensure adherence to QMS standards and review project deliverables.
- Enforce organizational policies and establish goals for project teams
- Under general direction, responsible for monitoring and tracking all aspects of the development lifecycle for assigned projects and provides a single point of contact for those projects
- Work with management across the organization to take projects from original concept through final product release from the Product Lifecycle into the Customer Lifecycle where the product is implemented for clients
- Document project scope and objectives and create progress reports for each
- Participate in defining and enforce project direction with cross-functional teams.
- Manage resource allocation and task assignments within a matrix managed environment and track project costs.
- Ensure project governance through cross-functional Steering meetings
- Provide business and technical expertise leading to resolve project items such as dependencies, critical path, conflicts within the project team
- Proactively manage tasks, changes in project scope, identification of potential risk, and devise risk mitigation plan
- Ensure change management is properly documented and communicated across cross-functional teams
- Coach, motivate and supervise project team members and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a software and/or product development environment. 3 of which has been in a project management function
- Proven technical experience (5 yrs) in delivering Data Management, Data Transformation, Data Visualization, Business Intelligence/ Analytics solutions to external clients, preferably in the Life Sciences Industry
- Proven ability/skill set in the following:
- Fostering Collaboration
- Problem Anticipation and Mitigation
- Project Plan Management
- Manage deliverable obligations
- Business Acumen
- At least 3 or more years’ experience in IT Operations.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Flexible during times of change
- Willing to conduct research into project-related issues, technologies and products
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience working in sizable/ multi-disciplined, multinational teams in a matrix-type organization
- Very strong Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio and MS Project skills. Experience with Atlassian JIRA and Confluence desirable.
- Experience in Database/ Relational Model design and in SQL, Tableau/ QlikView/ Microstrategy/ Cognos is a huge plus
IQVIA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We cultivate a diverse corporate culture across the 100+ countries where we operate, celebrating and rewarding teamwork and inclusiveness. By embracing our differences, we create innovative solutions that are good for IQVIA, our clients, and the advancement of healthcare everywhere.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.