Givaudan is a global leading company in taste and wellbeing, fragrance and beauty. With its heritage stretching back over 250 years, the company has a long history of innovating scents and tastes. From a favourite drink to your daily meal, from prestige perfumes to cosmetics and laundry care, its creations inspire emotiions and delight millions of consumers the world over. The company is committed to driving purpose-led. long-term growth while leading the way to improve happiness and health for people and nature. In the fiscal year 2020, the Company employed over 15,800 people worldwide and achieved sales of CHF 6,3 billion and a free cash flow of 12,8% of sales. Let's imagine together on www.givaudan.com.
About the Role:
As a Scientific Data Researcher you will help enhance data capture and analysis, experimental design and statistical techniques for research projects linked to fragrance benefits. You will manage projects where applicable.
Your main tasks include:
- Interrogate large datasets and identify patterns in data to allow development of new technologies and insights
- Work with our teams to develop research data collection/analysis systems to meet the needs of the department and wider company
- Identify approaches for use of Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning as technology development tools and collaborate with internal teams to implement
- Collaborate with external partners/academia to integrate novel experimental designs, next-generation statistical and data analysis techniques into research programmes
- Establish links and partner with internal groups and external networks e.g. academia, industry experts in the areas of data analysis, data science and data handling
- Help develop new methods and analyses to measure effects of fragrance on consumers and generation of novel methodologies which can be used to reliably measure fragrance benefits at a consumer perceivable or scientifically demonstrable level.
- Support the work of team members to ensure that they achieve the optimal analysis of data to ensure the delivery of key fragrance technologies
Are you someone who wants to grow and shape your own world? Who thrives being in a culture where you can express yourself in a creative team environment? Who wants to collaborate and learn together with teams who are as passionate as you are? Then join us – and impact your world!
Your professional profile includes:
- BSc or Higher degree preferably in a Scientific or data analysis technical field
- Interest or experience applying data science methods and scientific principles
- Statistical analyses in consumer-relevant way
- Strong aptitude for research and development of knowledge in relevant scientific literature
Nice to Have:
- Programming Skills e.g. R, Python, XLSTAT, SAS, VBA, or MATLAB
- Knowledge of project management
- IP development
- Great compensation package including bonus and cafeteria
- Access to exclusive perfumes and employee shop with discounts
- Company Pension Fund
- Private Healthcare Scheme
- Life Insurance Plan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Flexible working schedule
- Free on-site parking