Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
About the role
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join a growing and highly motivated data science team, in the heart of Dyson’s NPI Design & Product Experience department. NPI-Data Science is responsible for identifying opportunities to enhance the product experience with data, working in close collaboration with machine learning research team and data engineering teams.
The successful candidate will be working on a range of projects from insight generation informing product design/strategy, to identification and prototyping of data led product features. With access to a unique global IoT dataset, this is an opportunity to use and develop leading data science techniques/tools in a truly innovative environment with clear objectives.
- Responsible for exploratory data analysis of existing IoT products, including generation and test of new hypotheses to continue to challenge our assumptions.
- Interrogate global IoT data to gain insight into product usage that help inform future product specifications, strategy and decision making.
- Investigate available data sources, producing data quality checks and cleaning where required.
- Part of a team that takes data projects to production, monitor/analyse model performance, and build roadmap of continuous improvement.
- Work with stakeholders to measure performance of our connected machines/mobile app and validate the metrics long term efficacy over time.
- Create dashboards/notebooks that enable effective communication with design/engineering teams.
- Present findings and recommendations to senior stakeholders and wider project teams.
- Self-starting, thirsty for knowledge and motivated to solve hard problems as part of a team. Always looking for better ways to do things, self-improve and help those around them.
- Working knowledge of statistics, machine learning techniques and data mining methods is essential.
- Demonstrable coding experience in data analysis & model development using Python/R on a practical application.
- Strong communication skills to tell the story from the data and present findings to project teams & senior stakeholders.
- Experience in dealing with databases (SQL) would be beneficial.
- Experience with geographical/environmental data would be beneficial.
- BSc or equivalent in statistics, applied mathematical, engineering or relevant scientific discipline. Need to be highly numerate with strong problem-solving skills.
27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays Pension scheme Performance related bonus Private medical insurance Life assurance Sport centre Free on-site parking Subsidised café and restaurants Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate