We have an exciting new opportunity for a AI/ML Software Engineer within the Semiconductor Division of the Vacuum Technique Business Area of Atlas Copco Group.
Mission/Purpose of the Job
To exploit Internet of Things (IoT), Industry 4.0 and Machine Learning (ML) technologies, services, standards and trends by creating innovative cloud-service and edge device ML solutions.
The job holder will conduct research and development into AI & ML, coupled with the opportunity for global networking and collaboration can be expected as part of this role
- You will research and develop machine learning techniques, including the creation and tuning of models (neural networks, decision trees, Bayesian networks, regression analysis etc.) to radically improve condition/predictive monitoring within the field of industrial control & monitoring, instrumentation & measurement
- Data mining to discover previously unknown knowledge
- You will have an opportunity to propose new areas of technology research and shape Vacuum Technique’s technology roadmap, delivering technology solutions to our customers worldwide
- You will have a continuous thirst to gain further knowledge and experience of emerging AI/ML technologies deployable both in the Cloud and on ‘edge’ devices
- Clearly document and communicate all aspects of work across the full life cycle of software technology projects: including roadmaps, new technology validation (NTV) proposals, concepts, detailed designs, test results, IP, application notes, commercial propositions, final reports, project plans and status etc.
- Work collaboratively with other Vacuum Technique Technology Group (VTTG) engineers to deliver smart device, edge computing software elements of approved NTV projects
- You will be aware of standards, products, services and Intellectual Property (IP), and how they are being used in key industries: e.g. vacuum, compressors, automotive / transportation, industrial control & monitoring, instrumentation & measurement, medical and agricultural.
- Regularly exchange knowledge and experience with other groups, working on similar AI/ML projects in the wider Atlas Copco group.
Skills / Knowledge / Experience:
- Bachelor or higher-level degree in computer science, software or electronics engineering or a STEM subject
- 3 or more years of experience in algorithms, data structures, and object-oriented programming
- Experience / knowledge / skills:
- Strong programming skills in at least one object-oriented programming language (Java, Scala, C++, Python, etc.)
- Experience in developing AI/ML solutions deployed both in the Cloud and on edge devices
- Skills in parallel processing technologies and languages: Hadoop, Spark etc.
- Experience with Python applied to machine learning (Pandas, Scikit-learn, Scipy, Numpy etc.)
- Knowledge of machine learning statistical methods (KNN, random forest, Bayesian etc.)
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques (TensorFlow, TinyML, Keras, PyTorch,Caffe, MxNet)
- Cloud experience with one or more platforms: Azure, AWS, GCP etc.
- Familiar with DevOps: Kubernetes, Docker, CI/CD
- Experience with data transfer methods between on-premise, Cloud and edge devices, including security
- Knowledge of relational databases: SQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL etc.
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Neo4j, Redis etc.)
- Unix-based command line & development tools
- Able to work on multiple projects concurrently
Scope of the job
- AI/ML Software Engineer
- Based in Burgess Hill (West Sussex), UK and involves working both in an office and a lab environment
- Some visits to other Atlas Copco sites may be required for knowledge exchange and presentations
- Must have excellent written and spoken English and be able to clearly convey complex technical solutions to people who may not familiar with specialist subjects
- Must have a broad enough awareness of other disciplines to allow efficient and effective communication, e.g. electronics and software engineers, system designers & engineers, project and finance managers etc.
- Must be a highly self-motivated problem solver who is equally able to work alone or as an effective team player
- Must be willing and able to plan and deliver work to agreed timescales and to adopt relevant company policies and procedures
What you can expect from us
At Edwards we are proud to be the industry leader in vacuum and abatement, pushing the boundaries of technology to deliver innovative solutions for our customers in the global semiconductor, display and LED sectors.
The Edwards legacy is built on the pioneering spirit of our people. For more than 100 years our talented people have put us at the forefront of technology by engineering environments where the world’s innovation can thrive.
We want to be a workplace for everyone. At Edwards, part of the Atlas Copco Group, we know that diversity and inclusion are critical to our long-term success. We know that diversity and inclusion helps us to understand our customers’ needs and strengthen employee motivation, productivity, innovation and results. We will continue to invest in our people, celebrating diversity, encouraging individual growth, and making sure Edwards is a place where everybody is proud to work.
Start a journey of endless opportunities
At Atlas Copco we believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading-edge technology and great ideas enable us to innovate for the future.
We believe that passionate people make it happen. You are a brand ambassador and our face towards our customers. With us you drive your own professional journey and you are empowered to act.
We offer a wide range of interesting job roles and many opportunities to grow. This is where it begins – Join us at the Home of Industrial Ideas.