Do you consider yourself a pioneer? Do you get excited about the future of data analytics, AI, and technology?
PredictX is a SaaS company designed to analyse, predict and automate critical decision making for businesses. With our integrative AI technology, companies can make tactical decisions to improve their strategies, policies and forecasts.
At PredictX, we take pride in creating a work environment that promotes invention, independence and transparency. Our social and 'open door' approach allows everyone to show initiative, be creative and collaborate across the business. Our team consists of valuable and knowledgeable industry experts who seek to push the boundaries of technology, data analytics and AI.
PredictX wants inventors. We are looking for people with ideas and solutions to improve the way we do things. If you are a problem-solver, creator, and designer looking to expand your knowledge and responsibilities, talk to us!
Become an inventor and join our team.
We are looking for a forward thinking and highly competent Machine Learning (ML) Engineer or Engineering focused Data Scientist to join our team. You will be working closely with the Data Engineering and Product teams to ensure that current and future infrastructure are streamlined for data science development. You will be responsible for helping to make our Data Science Applications a reality for our customers, productising these and making them available through our insights platform.
Over the last 12-18 months we have made great strides in proving the value of the proof of concept and prototyping work that we have done. The next key step on our journey here is to integrate these directly with our underlying insights technology to bring data science models and applications to the core of how our clients run their businesses.
- Assist in the productionisation of in-house data science applications and ML models
- Ensure that solid development practices, such as proper use of source control, full testing processes and automated deployment mechanisms are followed
- Act as a subject matter expert on all aspects of development. Identifying potential performance issues, bottlenecks and pain points and recommend new and creative ways to solve them
- Work closely alongside Data Engineering team
- Mentor junior team members with ML best practices
Required Skills And Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related technical field
- High proficiency with Python, able to articulate coding best practices and Agile Software Engineering practices
- 5 years of relevant research or industry experience in Artificial Intelligence, ML models, ML infrastructure, Natural Language Processing or Deep Learning
- Proven experience in building, deploying, and improving Machine Learning models and algorithm in real-world products
- Write code according to specifications
- Coding best practices including unit tests and continuous integration to enhance robustness of code
- Examines existing software and determines requirements for new/modified systems in the light of business needs
- Superior presentation and communication skills who is able to work directly with peers, being able to communicate with clarity and precision is of critical importance to this role
Desired Skills / Qualifications
- Masters/PhD in Data Science or related technical field
- Experience containerising applications (Docker & Kubernetes)Experience building microservices through REST APIs
- Experience designing and implement distributed software systems
- Cloud Platform environments such as GCP, AWS and Azure
- Experience in mentoring junior team members and implementing coding best practices
Who you are:
- You are self-motivated and prefer to learn by doing, failing and trying again
- You are a clear thinker who is comfortable explaining their thinking, discussing different approaches to a problem, and working collaboratively and creatively to identify new solutions
- You are a good communicator who is able to work directly with a wide variety of technical and non-technical team members - being able to communicate and persuade is of critical importance to this role
- You have a mature attitude to documentation, security and process–all of which are important and inform everything we do.
We're constantly reviewing our perks and benefits, especially in light of the current “ways of working”. We are currently offering:
- A competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience
- Be part of the first 100 employees that drive the future growth
- All necessary office/tech or equipment you need to do a great job
- Remote working 23 days holiday + bank holidays
- Company days out and events (virtual for now)
- Company pizza Friday innovation sharing sessions (virtual until we can get back in the office)
- Gym membership
- Cycle scheme