Exscientia wants to make better drugs faster. We are the only company to have used AI to design drug molecules that are currently in clinical studies. Our aim is to save lives by getting drugs to market faster and more efficiently.
If that sounds like something you are interested in then join the Compound Selection team! At Exscientia our AI algorithms design millions of potential drugs. The job of the compound selection team is to pick the best drugs to actually make and test in real life. This allows us to get a drug from the idea stage into patients much faster.
As the Software Engineer you will:
- Own the development of new user-facing features and product experiences end-to-end
- Develop better ways for picking compounds and making it clear why those compounds would be best to make.
- Automate as many of our processes as possible.
- Talk to users to understand their problems and design solutions to address them
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of chemists, engineers, researchers, designers, and operations folks.
- Refining Al algorithms and active learning methods
- Work with distributed AWS cloud based systems with billions of data points
What will you bring to the role?
- The below is the sort of person we are looking for. Don’t worry if you don’t meet these requirements, not everyone will, but if it sounds like a good fit then get in touch.
- A masters degree with a focus on analytical skills (e.g. Engineering, Maths, Physics) - or other equivalent experience.
- Proficiency with a backend language (we use Python)
- Some experience with relational databases like Postgres/MySQL
- Interest in AI/ML (direct experience not required)
- Interest in Chemistry (direct experience not required)
- Have been an early-stage startup employee or even a startup founder.
- Have relevant engineering experience at tech and product-driven companies.
You’re probably a good match if you tick one or more of the following:
- Are self-directed and enjoy figuring out the most important problem to work on.
- Own problems end-to-end, and are willing to pick up whatever knowledge you're missing to get the job done.
- Ability to move fast in an environment where things are sometimes loosely defined and may have competing priorities or deadlines
- Enjoy fast paced work environment with tight feedback loops
Reasons for joining us?
- Making a positive contribution to patients by revolutionising the pharmaceutical industry through AI-driven discovery.
- Kick-start or further grow your career - at Exscientia, you will have the opportunity to acquire valuable skills, work on problems that matter, and learn from world-class technical and scientific leaders.
- Highly competitive compensation as we continue to grow and thrive.
- Funding for professional development and conference attendance.
- Opportunity to join an inclusive, collaborative and intellectually stimulating culture
- Health and well-being are important to us, we provide private healthcare, life assurance, wellbeing and mindfulness support.
- Flexible working and remote working to allow you to manage your own time.
- State of the art laboratories and office space
- A kitchen stocked with endless supply of food for all employees
Exscientia embraces equal opportunity and is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive community where everybody feels welcome. We welcome applications from all people regardless of background. If you're a Software Engineer looking for a new challenge within an exciting environment at the forefront of AI. then please apply today to learn more