LexisNexis Risk Solution Group (LNRS) provide information and online data services to business professionals worldwide. Customers have access to our high-value industry data, analytics, information, and tools. Our strong global brands hold market-leading positions across a wide range of industry sectors including banking, petrochemicals and aviation, where we help customers make key strategic decisions every day.
At LNRS we are driven by an environment focussed on innovation, passion for our products, and collaboration, where working in an agile manner is par for the course. LNRS is part of RELX, a FTSE100 global provider of data, information and solutions for professional customers.
- Successfully lead large teams with internal/external and onshore/nearshore/offshore resources in solving complex business needs.
- Identify and propose organisational and process changes to improve effectiveness, product quality and staff development opportunities.
- Perform reviews to ensure enterprise, architectural and development standards, processes and policies are followed.
- Coordinate the development of advanced complex software and serve as a senior source of expertise.
- Manage system and user acceptance testing cycles to ensure accurate and quality business solutions.
- Lead the development and documentation of technical standards.
- Serve as a primary technical point of contact for all the assets in the assigned portfolio.
- Act as technical manager for the resolution of production incidents.
- Serve as acknowledged “go to” person on coding and technical issues.
- Ensure the correct running of the agile ceremonies, contributing with ideas, feedback, and following up on the agreed actions.
- Seek diverse ideas and perspectives from a variety of sources to create better solutions, products, and services.
- Contribute to the relevant Chapters and Guilds.
- Organise and contribute to knowledge sharing sessions such as Lunch & Learns.
- Create and maintain key documentation, such as the development process.
- Ensure the consistent adoption of a continuous improvement approach, monitoring and providing visibility over the level of product/technical debt in the assigned assets.
- Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ensure all staff is provided with training and resources needed to perform their jobs to the most outstanding degree possible. Ensure all staff is provided with frequent feedback and coaching in order to meet and exceed individual and team performance goals consistently.
- Manage and encourage new ideas from staff to foster improvements through innovations.
- Empower the staff to be accountable and responsible for their own actions and decisions.
- Proven experience working in a similar role, preferably within a large organisation.
- BSc Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent qualification.
- 10+ years software development experience
- Expertise and proven experience in various staffing and resourcing models.
- Extensive development experience across a broad portfolio of projects.
- Experience leading multiple development teams.
- Expertise in industry best practices in offshore partnership development.
- Proven ability to lead test-driven development and maintenance.
- Software development process expert in Agile methodologies.
- Industrywide or broad companywide technical knowledge.
- Track record of developing solutions to be deployed in cloud environments, preferably AWS.
- Excellent technical leadership.
- Advanced communication (verbal and written), strong interpersonal communication, and presentation skills applicable to a wide audience including senior and executive management, customers.
- Agile Software Development, Scrum.
- Ability to engage and liaise with stakeholders across all functions and levels.
- Implementation, integration and management of complex solutions (distributed, multi-platform, multi-technology).
- Advanced problem-solving experience involving leading teams in identifying, researching, and coordinating the resources necessary to effectively troubleshoot/diagnose complex project issues; prior success extracting/translating findings into alternatives/solutions; and identifying risks/impacts and schedule adjustments to facilitate management decision-making.
- Experience in both frontend and backend development, as well as customer facing web sites.
- Solid knowledge of Security Engineering best practices.
- DevOps, Build and Deployment automation (TeamCity, Docker, Kubernetes desirable).
- Experience on Windows Server and Linux Operating systems.
- Experience of performance and load testing approaches.
- Strong skills in setting, communicating, implementing, and achieving business objectives and goals through the direct management of others.
- Strong organisation/project planning, time management, and change management skills across multiple development teams.
- Experience with cross-platform mobile application development, preferably with React Native.
- Experience of NoSQL databases, knowledge of Apache Kafka.
- Micro-service architectures.
Working at ICIS
How important is technology to ICIS?
Technology is a central part of the ICIS business. The technology team provides the online products and systems to collect and distribute ICIS data to our global audience. We also create innovative sources of new insight – for example modelling of power demands, processing of European gas flows or tracking/predicting in real-time worldwide ship movements. We use modern technologies, work almost exclusively in the cloud and focus on agile development approaches.
What’s it like to work here?
Outstanding - you’ve probably already got a feel for what we do and the technology we’re involved with but what’s really stands us out from the crowd is our culture. We’re an agile, dynamic and forward-thinking organisation who understands the importance of looking after our staff. We pride ourselves on delivering high-quality products, providing our employees with interesting challenges for their personal and career development whilst also striking the right balance between work and family life.
And what about your career?
Career development is a big thing for us, and we take our development plan process very seriously; we want you to learn and progress quickly in the direction you want to go and we will provide you with the training and support to achieve that at the right pace. The great thing about us career-wise is that we’re a company made up of leading online businesses so you can develop in three dimensions, vertically through the business, across different brands, and across different functions (if you fancy a change). We’re also an increasingly international business and are often able to offer overseas opportunities either as secondments or on a permanent basis.
LNRS are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Women in technology
LNRS is very supportive of women in Technology and has been a founding signature for the Tech Talent Charter. Currently 24% of our Technology workforce are women which is much higher than the UK average of 17%. We have the following initiatives in place to support women in technology:
- Mentoring scheme for women in technology
- Women’s network forum
- Regularly run events for schoolgirls about careers in technology to inspire the next generation of girls in tech.
LNRS proudly support the Tech Talent Charter. Visit the site below to find out more.
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120