Exscientia is a company that is committed to getting medicines to patients in the fastest and most effective manner. We do this by applying the latest research in Artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning and modern high-performance computational methods to transform drug design. Exscientia is at the forefront of Artificial Intelligence (AI) driven drug discovery and the only company to have used AI to design drug molecules that are currently in clinical studies.
All of our Innovation is driven by people; highly talented multi-disciplinary teams that work collaboratively to solve real world drug discovery problems. Following multiple partnerships with many leading Pharmaceutical companies and research institutes, we have a robust and rapidly expanding portfolio of projects and we are looking to substantially expand our technology team and are now adding a key appointment to our group, an Analytics Engineer.
At Exscientia you will be based at our Dundee or Oxford offices, working as part of an agile team on greenfield and established projects using modern tools and cloud-based technologies. You will collaborate closely with data scientists, software developers, chemists, biologists and research engineers to help us build upon Exscientia’s proven record of success. Ultimately, you will build automated and scalable solutions that deliver insightful and actionable data to end users.
As an Analytics Engineer you will have the opportunity to:
- Work in a cutting-edge environment that is at the forefront of drug discovery.
- Liaise with key stakeholders to gather analytics requirements.
- Work across departments to identify relevant data sources.
- Develop ETL pipelines to extract, transform and load data from multiple disparate sources using the latest cloud technologies.
- Build interactive dashboards that present relevant and actionable data to end users.
- Innovate in dashboard design and automation.
- Enhance analytics solutions by integrating data science solutions where relevant.
- Participate in wider data team activities such as data standards.
- Work with software vendors to ensure best practices are followed.
- Develop your skills and knowledge within analytics.
What you will need:
- Enthusiasm and passion for developing analytics solutions.
- Working knowledge of languages such as SQL and Python.
- Experience of building ETL pipelines and data wrangling techniques.
- Understanding of data modelling techniques
- Hands-on experience of using a BI visualisation tool such as Power BI, Tableau, Qlikview, Spotfire or equivalent.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills with the ability to engage technical and business stakeholders at all levels.
What would be great to have:
- Understanding of basic Machine Learning terminology.
- Experience of developing impactful dashboards using Spotfire.
- Knowledge of drug discovery or life sciences.
- Experience of using data orchestration tools such as Prefect, Airflow or similar.
- Knowledge of data visualisation best practices.
- Experience of developing scalable analytics solutions
- Understanding of Data Warehouse techniques and technologies.
Reasons for joining us?
- Making a positive contribution to patients by revolutionising the pharmaceutical industry through AI-driven discovery.
- Kick-start or further grow your career - at Exscientia, you will have the opportunity to acquire valuable skills, work on problems that matter, and learn from world-class technical and scientific leaders.
- Highly competitive compensation as we continue to grow and thrive.
- State of the art laboratories and office space
- Funding for professional development and conference attendance.
- Opportunity to join an inclusive, collaborative and intellectually stimulating culture.
- Health and well-being are important to us, we provide private healthcare, life assurance, wellbeing and mindfulness support.
- Flexible working and remote working to allow you to manage your own time
- A kitchen stocked with an endless supply of food for all employees