Exscientia Is a company that is committed to getting medicines to patients in the fastest and most effective manner. We do this by applying the latest research in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning and modern high-performance computational methods to transform drug design. Exscientia is at the forefront of Artificial Intelligence (AI) driven drug discovery and the only company to have used AI to design drug molecules that are currently in clinical studies.
All of our Innovation is driven by people; highly talented multi-disciplinary teams that work collaboratively to solve real world drug discovery problems. Following multiple partnerships with many leading Pharmaceutical companies and research institutes, we have a robust and rapidly expanding portfolio of projects and we are looking to substantially expand our Scientific Data Engineering capabilities.
We are now seeking a Scientific Data Engineer to help expand our capacity to ingest and integrate a diverse array of data feeds to directly support our AI driven drug discovery projects. Reporting to the Chief Data Officer, this position is integral to support and build the Company’s Data Science capability as it executes the next phase of its life cycle. We are looking for a Scientific Data Engineer to work closely with our Data Science and Engineering teams to help provide the frictionless data flows into the foundation systems that power our drug design platform.
You will have the opportunity to
- Apply your Data Engineering skills to deliver a diverse portfolio of discovery data into the foundation layer of the platform.
- Create dependable data ingest services using Python and ETL tools to support our data science and machine learning capabilities.
- Work with your colleagues to devise data quality pipelines for wrangling heterogeneous input data to provide clean data suitable for downstream ML and analytics.
- Integrate disparate data from across a wide variety of biological, chemical and drug discovery domains.
- Design and implement data marts that contain integrated collections derived from the foundation systems to support downstream analytics, data science and machine learning workflows.
What will you bring to the role?
- 3+ years data engineering experience.
- Highly motivated with a track record of success.
- Proficiency in SQL and relational database technologiesSolid experience building ETL processes using Python.
- Proficiency in wrangling complex multi dimensional scientific data.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a multi-discipline squad.
What would be great to have
- PhD or equivalent experience in cheminformatics, bioinformatics, or related quantitative data science field.
- Experience in handling large-scale chemistry databases and knowledge of chemistry indexing technologies such as chemistry database cartridges
- Experience in modern DataOps approaches.
- Knowledge of ontologies and principles of master data management
- Experience or interest in Drug Discovery and the broader Life Sciences.
What can you expect from us?
- An opportunity to make a positive contribution to patients by revolutionising the pharmaceutical industry through AI driven discovery.
- The ability to strongly influence a scaling AI organisation with world class technical and scientific leaders.
- An opportunity to grow your career with us as we grow our organisation.
- A highly competitive compensation package to support our employees as we continue to grow and thrive.
- The opportunity to join an inclusive, collaborative and intellectually stimulating culture.
We have roles to suit individuals with multiple levels of experience and ambition. Exscientia is an equal opportunities employer and actively promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace.