LexisNexis Risk Solutions’ UK Linking team is responsible for linking billions of public and proprietary records to create a unique entity identifier for consumers, organisations and providers.
We're looking for a smart, driven individual who will help us build and deliver enterprise-wide big data linking solutions by resolving complex analytical problems using quantitative approaches with a unique blend of analytical, mathematical and technical skills .
The role includes analysing and linking large data problems using various statistical techniques, developing data models, implementing solutions, and providing support.
- Perform data analysis, data model design, data linking, implementation, testing, debugging, documenting, and maintenance of the linking solutions
- Communicate and collaborate with linking members to understand complex product requirements and translate them into software designs
- Implement and improve development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews
- Review, organize, and analyse complex datasets containing billions of records to support the needs of teams around the business.
- Keep abreast of new technology developments
- Work with and support other teams within the business to ensure the integrated system meets quality standards
- We will help you learn how to use our big data platform - HPCC - through a combination of training courses, self-learning and peer support
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in computer science, applied mathematics, statistics, or equivalent technical discipline
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, good understanding of different data structures, algorithms and their usage in solving business problems
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to assemble, analyse, and evaluate big data and be able to make appropriate and well-reasoned recommendations to stakeholders
- Experience in record linkage using probabilistic and approximate matching
- Experience with “big data” analytics and ETL systems
- Exposure to the software development life cycle
- Understanding of population demographics
- Proficient in the use of version control and continuous integration and deployment
At Lexis Nexis Risk Solutions Group having diverse employees with different perspectives is key to creating innovative new products for our global customers. We have 35 diversity employee networks globally and prioritise ensuring inclusive leadership is part of our culture. Our aim is for every employee to be the best version of themselves. We would actively welcome applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds and underrepresented groups.
We encourage applicants and employees to tell us about any health issues they may have to allow us to put in place reasonable adjustments that may support applicants in the application process and support employees to succeed in their role.