You will be based at Cambridge Science Park as part of an Agile development team with team members based in Cambridge, Madrid (Spain), Belgrade (Serbia) and Pune (India). The team comprises highly capable and qualified individuals working on components of the FIS® Enterprise Risk Suite; ranked first in the industry by Chartis Research.
What you will be doing
You will be using Agile development methodologies to further develop components of the FIS® Enterprise Risk Suite. You will combine working by yourself and with other team members as appropriate, sharing your knowledge with other team members. You will be expected to provide your input to all elements of the SDLC; requirements gathering, authoring specifications, programming, code reviews, automated testing, documentation, code security scanning etc. You will work on new product development and maintenance.
- Participating in the development of new features to a high quality standard of our in-memory aggregation engine and task distribution engine. Examples of projects on a short to medium time horizon: Replace a 3rd party library responsible for MDX parsing, migration from .NET Framework to .NET Core, containerisation, add summarisation support to existing data source, new schema for real-time, and many more
- Agile; Contribute to daily stand-up meetings, planning meetings, retrospective meetings, demo meetings, estimates
- Code Maintenance; Reproduce issues documented in bug reports, identify the root cause of the problem and implement a fix for it
- CI and Code security; monitoring CI to ensure a green state, reviewing security scans to ensure that secure coding practises are followed
- PoC; occasionally working on proof of concepts to win new sales deals
- Communicate accurate status updates at agreed intervals, including milestone updates, risks and technical challenges. Highlight slippage early and manage expectations appropriately
What you bring:
- Minimum of 7 years experience in C# and .NET framework
- Minimum of 15 years software development experience
- Excellent understanding of data structures, algorithms and algorithmic complexity
- Good understanding of multi-threading and synchronisation
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A 1st class Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or other related discipline from a well-respected educational institution
Added bonus if you have:
- Experience in authoring high-performance applications
- Knowledge of agile methodologies
- MDX knowledge
- Good performance profiling experience
What we offer you
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A competitive salary and attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, and travel insurance
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.