Location - BristolEmployment Type - Full Time - PermanentSalary - Up to £50,000 with great benefitsHours Per Week - 37.5
Somerset Bridge Limited are seeking Data Scientists to join our Data Science team. The team uses cutting-edge methods to develop models for the group which requires the support of additional data scientists, including analysis and use of machine learning and statistical techniques to refine insurance fraud, insurance pricing, claims analysis, marketing and automation.
Successful candidates will have the enthusiasm and ability to work in a dynamic environment and push themselves to become independent problem solvers. They will be an excellent communicator and have a desire to work with new software and technology. A strong statistical background will be an advantage.
Data Scientist Duties:
- Working across the organisation with a range of stakeholders to maximise the benefit of data science throughout the business.
- Working with data applying machine learning and statistics to business problems.
- Supporting the process of developing alternative machine learning solutions (e.g. Python).
- Developing a knowledge base of the company products and data.
- Performing ad-hoc analyses and investigations supporting the business.
- Supporting deployment of automation throughout the business.
- Advancing the Data Science team through data, technology, and approaches.
Desirable skills/experience (not all required):
- Programming experience (R/SAS/Python).
- Statistical modelling and statistics experience.
- Experience in data analytics, deriving actionable insight from multiple raw data sources .
- A genuine interest in application of machine learning and statistical problems and their application to insurance business problems.
- Experience taking projects from concept to delivery.
- Experience working with and communicating with key stakeholders.
- Knowledge and experience of insurance markets. UK motor advantageous.