As one of the largest and youngest Foundation Trusts, this is an amazing time to be joining the digital team!
This is a Band 6 Analyst role in the Digital Intelligence Unit, within the Digital Intelligence directorate, based within our Digital Headquarters in the Liverpool Innovation Park.
We believe our analyst roles are unique! Whilst they are aligned to a reporting structure, they are deployed in an agile way across the team – moving to assist where the pressures are or where skills best fit … each day could be different and certainly never boring! You may be involved in routine or adhoc analysis, supporting junior colleagues, designing completely new metrics and KPIs, preparing presentations or meeting with operational or corporate stakeholders
We're looking for an experienced healthcare analyst with significant healthcare analytical experience, married to professional and technical skills; Technical skills in data analysis tools such as R, Orange or similar, visualisation tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Qlikview or similar.
#Plot the dots, #Making Data Count and #Data Saves Lives should fuel your passion for analysis, and transforming those into healthcare benefits is your ambition
The successful candidate will be provided the autonomy, trust and support to both succeed and grow in the role.
If this reads like you, we'd be very interested in hearing from you
- Utilising the postholder skills and specialist knowledge to work closely with digital colleagues, operational and corporate leaders across the Trust to enlighten, influence and direct the performance review/reporting processes to deliver the strategic objectives and priorities for the Trust. There will also be instances where the postholder is required to work directly with members of the Executive Team.
- Role model the use of external information sources to support benchmarking, assurance and performance
- The role will also involve the day to day co-ordination of junior members of staff along with developing their knowledge and skills. Providing those colleagues with help, advice and support along with checking and authorising their work.
- Assist in the continuous review of the departments approach in the provision of services as national guidelines change. To deputise for the Business Partner as required.
- The role may lead on some areas of work, utilising the post holders expertise whilst other work will be delegated from the Associate Business Partner
Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust was created on 1 October 2019 following the merger of two adult acute Trusts, Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and the Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust.
The merger provides an opportunity to reconfigure services in a way that provides the best healthcare services to the city and improves the quality of care and health outcomes that patients experience.
The Trust runs Aintree University Hospital, Broadgreen Hospital, Liverpool University Dental Hospital and the Royal Liverpool University Hospital.
It serves a core population of around 630,000 people across Merseyside as well as providing a range of highly specialist services to a catchment area of more than two million people in the North West region and beyond.
To hear more about our achievements click herehttps://www.liverpoolft.nhs.uk/media/13089/1606-annual-report-booklet_final.pdfFollow us on Social Media:
Facebook – Liverpool University Hospitals Careers
Instagram - @LUHFTcareers
Twitter - @LUHFTcareersAnalytical
- To provide high level analytical support and information to the Trust to support the achievement of the Trust aims and objectives, including performance, service and quality improvement
- Draw together internal and external data sources, using benchmarking and market intelligence data, in the production of intelligence for customers
- Ensure robust analysis and reporting mechanisms are in place to support the Trust with all aspects of performance management against NHS Plan targets as an aid to decision making.
- Work closely with operational and corporate colleagues in the production of monitoring reports on performance against national and local activity plans agreed with commissioners.
- Produce monitoring analysis and intelligence for performance review meetings with external agencies.
- Contribute to the development of the business plan and other strategic plans for the Trust to ensure the achievement of key targets
- To produce activity baselines and undertake modelling in support of the achievement of NHS Plan targets
- Ensure the most appropriate formats for presenting complex information to end-users, taking advantage of expert resources such as the Visualisation Selection matrix and authors such as Stephen Few and Edward Tufte are in use
- Knowledge of implementing the NHS Making Data Count agenda, including statistical and quality improvement concepts
- Undertake adhoc analysis as and when required.
- Co-ordinate and supervise the delivery of junior colleagues (currently 1x Band 5)
- To support Clinicians and managers within the Trust in having access to business intelligence information and to support them in using a consistent and "data-based" approach to decision making regarding service delivery performance and business development opportunities.
- Work closely with the Trusts Divisional General Managers and other Senior Managers on all aspects of performance management associated with the achievement of NHS Plan targets.
- Represent the service as required by the Business Partner.
- Liaise with external bodies such as NHS England & Improvement, NHS North West, or Cheshire & Merseyside ICS when queries or challenges with data arise.
Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has embarked on a journey to provide great care for our patients. The purpose of my Digital Services Directorate is to underpin the care that we provide with a robust digital infrastructure, comprehensive suite of digital solutions and a wealth of digital intelligence. My team is on a mission that positions our organisation as the leader for digital health excellence in Liverpool, the North West and nationally. Using our strong academic ties, we will help create a digital blueprint for others to follow.
Our current digital strategy clearly sets out our great ambition, which delivers a progressive and cohesive portfolio of digital solutions over the next five years. We have just recently commenced our Care Record Liverpool programme, CaRL. We will modernise how we support our patients and staff inside and outside of our hospitals. We are bold and strong and this digital transformation is the most complex change programme that the Trust has ever experienced. It will touch every patient and every staff member, unifying how we work with our neighbouring care providers.
If you are an analytics & data professional who is passionate about delivering a great service to our colleagues, then I urge you to apply.
Thank you for your interest in my Digital team and I wish you every success with your application.
Dr Jason Bincalar
Chief Digital Information OfficerTo hear more about our achievements click: