We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
The Role Responsibilities
The role-holder is responsible for supporting data sourcing, preparation, and consolidation initiatives within the IBOR Transition Programme. Concurrently, the candidate will also be actively involved in clarifying data requirements and implementing the necessary changes that are required for the programme’s master dataset. A multi-faceted candidate is sought who:
- Demonstrates capability in scripting with either R (preferred) or Python
- Exhibits efficiency and comfort with large and varied datasets
- Ensures data and reporting needs are well understood and delivered promptly
- Supports the Business Analytics and Insights workstream activities and ensuring required datasets are business-ready
- Decent understanding of banking products and global interest rates
- Raises awareness and understanding of data best practices (within/beyond the bank)
- Maintains a balanced approach in data provisioning and enhancement that aims to maximise ROI, minimize rework, and ensure solutions are built for the long term
Key responsibilities are:
- Analysis and consolidation of The Bank’s group-wide IBOR exposure with a focus on FM business
- Work alongside with FM workstream to develop, understand, and translate business impacts of Libor discontinuation on the portfolio.
- Streamline/Automation FM Data
- Ensure data quality, reconciliation, validation, consistency with various sources for FM exposure.
- Development of mock up views to analyse client portfolio.
- Development of client playbooks
- Playbooks socialization with FM workstream
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Identify critical data quality issues that would impact downstream reporting.
- Perform data/ database reconciliations and committee presentations generation, provide in-depth analysis, and succinct explanations of results obtained to key business stakeholders
- Collaborate and provide day-to-day support to all relevant business units, Group Finance, Treasury, Operation,
- Engage stakeholders to raise the bar on quality delivery, collaboration and innovation.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Data analytics, Financial Modelling, Interested Rate Risk modelling,
- Strong experience/knowledge preferred in analytical roles that involve multiple large datasets
- Proficiency in R and/or Python
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel (VBA knowledge will be a plus)
- Broad understanding of LIBOR/IBOR transition
- Good knowledge of data and databases.
- Good understanding of FM products
- Excellent multitasking and prioritizing skills
- Resilient and tenacious, able to deliver amidst ambiguity and tight timelines.
- Ability to clearly articulate complex issues concisely and problem-solving skills
- Able to look at issues holistically and to propose effective solutions that exhibit sound judgment, risk management, and business understanding
- Able to work and communicate effectively at all levels of the organization and with cross-functional teams spread across multiple geographies
- Strategic thinker with sharp analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Experience communicating to and influencing a variety of audiences with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strives to do the "right thing", not just the "easy thing"
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Is effective in unifying and creating teams of people with disparate skills and personalities
- Is courageous and decisive, prioritises effectively, maintains a clear focus and sees action through to delivery
- Builds trust and demonstrates integrity in all circumstances
- Attention to detail
- High degree of responsibility
- Self-motivated, and works well in teams
- Very structured and very disciplined
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to challenge/ question
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers