Joining our Skynet 6A Management System team, you will be an experienced software systems engineer with a good background in delivering software projects. Within our team, you will work to understand, elaborate and model the system requirements for the software specific elements of a satellite communication system.
- Define the System Level design, ensuring relevant peer review.
- Contribute to system designs, including capturing the role of software products and ensuring these will become a working system.
- Work with development teams to share the high-level architecture, ensuring the development team can produce the required software components.
- Collaborate with the Ground Systems team to ensure user requirements are fully captured and traced
As the Software Systems Engineer, you can expect the following tasks & accountabilities:
- Defining the software system architecture at a high level, using a modelling language (e.g. SysML or UML). Working closely with the software agile scrum team to ensure they understand the details of you solution.
- Understanding the system aspects of the project and will determining the role of the software components in the solution
- Working with the Product Owner to ensure capabilities are captured on the product backlog and aiding them to create the user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Working with peer-subsystem teams to ensure all external interfaces are defined and agreed.
- Collaborating with other projects to ensure the proposed software solution meets a common set of software requirements for all projects to seek re-usability.
You will be able to demonstrate the following;
- Good background in delivering software projects
- Knowledge of software solutions within a software product environment.
- Experience in modelling to capture the system design.
You will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role.
What we can offer you:
- Exciting career development opportunities across our transnational, market leading company
- An attractive company pension scheme
- Airbus Group annual profit share
- A growing range of additional benefits
- Flexible working hours
Job Type: Full-time