Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for managing and leading a team of engineers in the identification of complex problems and the development, accuracy and functionality of algorithms and understands the overall implications of the entire machine learning framework. Manages designing, testing and researching activities of future products and applications. Manages the implementation of both strategic and technical initiatives in novel ways to solve problems. Ensures staff is current with industry trends, products and new and emerging technologies. Manages team, which may include exempt and non-exempt employees. Provides subject matter guidance to employees as required. Develops processes and procedures to drive department efficiencies, assist in development and meeting of departmental budget.
- Manages and coordinates the successful completion of programs that identify patterns and make decisions with minimal human intervention and applications that best support the Company's technology and engineering roadmap.
- Implements and supervises design and implementation of end-to-end solutions using optimization and other advanced computer science technologies across platforms, teams and third parties. Evaluates solutions presented to the Company by various partners and vendors. Develops and manages case studies, testing and reporting.
- Provides leadership and direction to staff by setting goals, objectives, performance criteria and departmental standards.
- Leads research of new technology areas. Analyzes and evaluates changes in technology and defines current and future departmental objectives. Ensures staff are current with technological developments within the industry. Oversees the monitoring and evaluation of application programming Interfaces and other intellectual property.
- Recruits, builds and nurtures high performance teams.
- Guides business, marketing and product management units on latest technological trends and developments. Ensures the continuous improvement of processes and standards.
- Assists leadership team with forecasting project estimates, resource needs and timelines.
- Manages department and project budget, as well as the schedules of product releases and project timetables.
- Presents concepts and technical information in common terms to end user(s).
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.