What you will be doing
Good data is at the heart of detecting financial crime making the Data Engineer role key to our business as you will be involved in data engineering at scale, and design systems that create insights and analytics from large volumes of data. We are currently hiring for a number of positions across multiple squads to solve some of our most complex challenges.
As a Data Engineer, you will
- Understand the properties, use-cases, and subtleties behind the different flavours of databases, computation engines, stream processors, message queues, workflow orchestrators, serialisation formats, and other related technologies
- Make the right technical and architectural decisions as we evolve and scale our systems, taking the lead in these discussions by bringing your ideas, as well as soliciting and incorporating ideas from others in the team
- Write tests and take ownership of the systems that ensure overall quality. You will lead by example and coach others in the team.
- Be able to articulate the main problem we're trying to solve for our stakeholders, including where it integrates with other ComplyAdvantage systems.
- Know some of our customers and understand their biggest pain points.
- Continuously research tools, technologies, and practices. You can distinguish between what is hype and what is valuable, and you have solid arguments in favour of your proposals.
As a Data Engineer you will have
- Experience developing in a range of languages and paradigms, expertise in Java would be ideal.
- Experience with high throughput data streaming architectures and technologies
- Experience working with tooling for testing, build and deployment pipelines (setting it up is a plus)
- Working understanding of logging, monitoring, and alerting tooling (setting it up is a plus).
- Experience with cloud-native solutions (AWS is a plus)
- Good communication and writing skills including experience producing technical documentation.
Nice to haves:
- Experience managing data models and versioning.
- Working with cloud based and containerised infrastructure. (Kubernetes / Docker / ArgoCD / Argo Workflow)
- Experience with Data warehousing technology
- Experience with ETL / ELT pipelines
- Experience with Data visualisation tools or libraries
The impact you will have
As a Data Engineer you will help guide ComplyAdvantage so we can make financial crime a thing of the past. Your work will be key to the success of your team and you can therefore expect everyone around you to be invested in getting models to production and realising the impact of your work.
Since launching in 2014, we have been on a mission to neutralize the risk of money laundering, terrorist financing, corruption, and other financial crime on a global scale through our propriety AI-driven technology.
In that time, we have raised over $100m in funding, have four global hubs located in New York, London, Singapore and Cluj-Napoca and have nearly 400 employees, with ambitious plans to get to 500 by the end of the year! We are rapidly growing and already have a client base of 500 enterprises across 75 different countries.
No fight against crime is complete without the right values, and we take ours very seriously!
Focus on the Team - We're Collaborative, Human, and Humble
Kaizen - We're Curious, Proactive and Agile
Deliver Results - We're Tenacious, Accountable and Focused
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary aligned to your skills and experience
- Equity as we want you to have a part of what we are building
- Unlimited Time Off Policy- A work life balance and focus on our wellbeing are critical to keep us performing at our best.
- Hybrid working- We want you to strike a balance and be where you do your best work. You will work with your manager to agree what is best for you and your team. You will also get an annual budget of £215 to kit out your home office
- Travel season loan ticket and cycle to work scheme, if you decide that you would like to spend more time in the office
- Opportunity to work on innovative projects with smart like-minded people, who are keen to share their knowledge and continuously improve
- £2000 annual learning budget to drive your performance and career development
- Parental leave and childcare benefits
- Private healthcare through Vitality
- Life Insurance to protect your loved ones
What will happen next
- Once your application has been submitted, a member of the Talent Team will review
- If successful, they will book you in for an initial phone interview to find out more about your skills and experience, plus give you the opportunity to ask any questions.
- If successful, you will then be booked in for a coding and problem solving session so we can see you in action! You will meet your potential team members and also see the sort of problems that you will be solving in the role.
- If successful, you will then have a final interview with the hiring manager. They will want to find out more about you and give you all the information you need to make an informed decision.
- If successful, we will present an offer!
At ComplyAdvantage diversity fuels our rocket ship and our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity and experience drives us forward every day. We encourage everyone to apply and aspire to consider every application fairly.