CHEP helps move more goods to more people, in more places than any other organization on earth via our 300 million pallets, crates and containers. We employ 11,000 people and operate in more than 55 countries. Through our pioneering and sustainable share-and-reuse business model, the world’s biggest brands trust us to help them transport their goods more efficiently, safely and with less environmental impact.
What does that mean for you? You’ll join an international organization big enough to take you anywhere, and small enough to get you there sooner. You’ll help change how goods get to market and contribute to global sustainability. You’ll be empowered to bring your authentic self to work and be surrounded by diverse and driven professionals. And you can maximize your work-life balance and flexibility through our
Hybrid Work Model
Join our Digital & Data Team where you will help us change the way the world moves goods by using information to power smarter, more sustainable supply chains.
The Manchester based Machine Learning Engineer will play a key part in accelerating a better Brambles and improve the efficiency of our assets. You will be applying cutting-edge Computer Vision techniques to commercially significant challenges that the business face.
- Have an opportunity to make a significant impact on our business.
- Greenfield development, massive data sets with untapped potential.
- Diverse challenges and scope for innovation.
- 330+ million pallets across 300,000+ supply chains, where improvements you make will lead to big outcomes.
- Apply cutting edge technologies and to real world challenges.
- Improve the effectiveness of the business so that we can do more, with less, positively impacting the environment.
- Develop Machine Learning algorithms to improve the effectiveness of key business functions.
- Productionize Models using Cloud Technology (AWS)
- Utilize your inquisitive mindset, analytical skills & ask the right questions to understand complex business challenges.
- Present analysis to stakeholders, using Data to justify business recommendations.
- Work in a cross-functional team of Data Scientists, Data Engineers, BI Developers & Subject Matter Experts
- Building, analysing & productionizing Machine Learning Systems
- Use of Cloud Technology, Python & SQL
- Understanding complex business requirements & communicating with Stakeholders
- Ideally you have some experience with Computer Vision
What we offer:
- Competitive Remuneration package
- Annual bonus based on company & personal performance
- Opportunity to take part in the Brambles share program
- Fully committed to a future of flexible working
- Pension contribution and Private Medical insurance
- Various health & wellbeing events and programs
- 25 Days holidays per year
- 3 Working Days per anum to use for social projects
As an inclusive employer, Brambles wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the job application process, interview process and whilst at work. We therefore encourage you to inform your Talent Acquisition Partner of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this to happen.
Bachelors - Computer and Information Science
Preferred Level of Work Experience
3 - 5 years
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to developing a diverse workforce in which everyone is treated fairly, with respect, and has the opportunity to contribute to business success while realizing his or her potential. This means harnessing the unique skills and experience that each individual brings and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Individuals fraudulently misrepresenting themselves as Brambles or CHEP representatives have scheduled interviews and offered fraudulent employment opportunities with the intent to commit identity theft or solicit money. Brambles and CHEP never conduct interviews via online chat or request money as a term of employment. If you have a question as to the legitimacy of an interview or job offer, please contact us at email@example.com.