About the job
Things you need to know
Apply and further information
London, London (region), E20 1JL
We are looking for someone who can take raw data and convert it into reliable, consistent and accurate data for further analysis by research teams. Experience with TSQL is essential.
You’ll have data support experience including generating test data and migrating data between systems, including creating and maintaining SQL Server Stored Procedures and DTS Packages. Extensive use of XML queries from SQL is essential along with good experience of Database Modelling and Performance Tuning. It would be desirable if you had experience working with JSON also.
You’ll also need a good understanding of qualitative and quantitative statistical analysis techniques. Experience of working with large patient record databases would be desirable but not essential.
You’ll work autonomously to provide accurate Register data in a timely and accessible manner to the Research and Intelligence team to enable all intelligence publications, including our flagship corporate report, Fertility Trends.
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension
People working with government assets must complete basic personnel security standard checks.
Selection process details
Competency based panel interview
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
This job is broadly open to the following groups:
- UK nationals
- nationals of Commonwealth countries who have the right to work in the UK
- nationals of the Republic of Ireland
- nationals from the EU, EEA or Switzerland with settled or pre-settled status or who apply for either status by the deadline of the European Union Settlement Scheme (EUSS)
- relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals working in the Civil Service
- relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals who have built up the right to work in the Civil Service
- certain family members of the relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals
Further information on nationality requirements
Working for the Civil Service
The Civil Service Code sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles.
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equal opportunities. As such, we run a Disability Confident Scheme (DCS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Apply and further information
The Civil Service welcomes applications from people who have recently left prison or have an unspent conviction. Read more about prison leaver recruitment.
Once this job has closed, the job advert will no longer be available. You may want to save a copy for your records.
Contact point for applicants
Job contact :
Recruitment team :