We are looking for a talented, experienced analyst to join the Data Transformation team within the Data, Analytics and Research function at Companies House. As a data analyst in this exciting area, you will be responsible for working on data transformation projects and business improvements to support Companies House in achieving its strategic goals.
Companies House holds the largest source of administrative data about companies in the UK and forms a key input into many statistics and research into business and the economy.
This is an opportunity to work with amazing people in an organisation that values their people and supports you to work flexibly so you can perform your best.
We offer an excellent benefits package including flexible working, flexitime, 30 days annual (plus bank holidays & 1 privilege day) and a pension with an employer contribution of 27.1%.
This work requires strong data analysis and forecasting skills, a good understanding of improving data quality, creative vision and visualisation skills and good attention to detail. This is a busy time and so delivering at pace and adapting your priorities will be key as will collaborating with others and engaging with stakeholders within and outside of our organisation.
Working with other parts of the team as well as the wider Digital, Data and Technology directorate, you will work to investigate and implement data quality initiatives,
ensure robust data architecture and data pipelines are in place so that relevant data sets are joined and extracted efficiently whilst minimising the amount of manual handling when producing analysis. Working in a busy section, the post-holder must be flexible to support the delivery of competing priorities across the wider team.
This is a post which offers the opportunity to:
The successful candidate will:
1. Lead on the delivery of data analysis and improvements to data quality within service developments
2. Deliver short-term analytical projects
3. Influence stakeholders in the use of data and analysis to make decisions.
4. Develop excellent working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
5. Seek out opportunities to continuously improve processes.
6. Create and maintain documentation
We are looking for someone who has:
- Excellent data visualisation and interpretation skills;
- Good stakeholder management skills and confidence engaging with people at all levels of the organisation;
- Excellent drafting and data interpretation skills;
- Good leadership skills
- Experience analysing data quality
We are also looking for someone who has experience with:
- Developing visual reporting products.
- Conducting data analysis, forecasting and applying statistical reasoning.
- Drafting reports, interpreting data and making findings accessible through visualisation techniques and tools (such as MS PowerBI, Tableau, AWS Quiksite etc.) for a varied audience.
- Engaging with stakeholders to better understand their reporting/data requirements and communicate technical findings.
And we'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
Click 'Apply Now' to be taken to our main advert on Civil Service Jobs where you can apply by providing us with your CV.
Our main advert has more detail regarding the team you will be joining, upcoming projects, and our incredible list of benefits.
This job closes on 21 June 2022 at 23:55
If you have any queries, please reach out to us.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 24 months
Salary: £30,663.00-£36,242.00 per year