Data Management Analyst – Marsh – London
The company: Marsh
- Marsh is the world’s leading insurance broker and risk adviser.
- With over 35,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data driven risk solutions and advisory services.
The Team: Data Innovation
- The Data Innovation team works closely with Specialty divisions, both on regional and Global projects, to provide bespoke interactive analytics and visualization solutions using placement, exposure, claim, premium and third-party data.
The role: Data Management Analyst
- We are looking for an entry-level Data professional to join our team in London to work on coding in order to build models to support our global projects: Automation, Machine Learning, Premiums/Claims, etc.
- This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic global business in a collaborative local team environment.
- This is fantastic opportunity for a graduate/entry level candidate with a degree in Data Science or Statistics or Maths/Econometrics
- Please note that the London team offers the opportunity for hybrid-working.
What can you expect?
The role requires the team member to collaborate with data focused colleagues within the Specialty divisions and support them with insurance data and analytics projects aimed at:
- Turning unstructured data into meaningful information
- Exploring and solving data with Python and R
- Developing solutions that deliver cost and/or process efficiencies (including automation through scripting)
- Advancing the data objectives and strategies of Marsh Specialty divisions
- Autonomy and ownership of all stages of projects
We will rely on you to:
The role will provide opportunity to demonstrate and develop your skillset across multiple data areas and applications including:
- Collaborate with colleagues at all levels to help develop their thinking, gather, articulate and positively challenge requirements
- Be creative around the best way of visualising data to ensure that the guided analytics is intuitive and insightful
- Methodical in checking work returned from offshore team through various iterations of the project
- Communicate with divisional stakeholders regarding progress and challenges
- Build an understanding of data structures and sources including CRM, billing platforms, policy and placement binders, claims data and exposure details
- Aiding the development of new products & capabilities to the organization
- Be able to relate to the Specialty divisions by having an appreciation of the nuisances and terminology they use
What you will be rewarded with?
- Competitive Benefits Package including: 27 days annual leave, excellent pension contributions, private medical cover, life assurance, income protection, employee assistance program, plus a range of flexible benefits including the option to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday per year, cycle to work, dental insurance, health assessments plus many more.
- Generous Family Leave including: 6 months paid maternity leave, 4 months paid paternity leave, 6 months paid adoption leave plus shared parental leave options. To help ease the transition when you return to work you will be able to work 8 weeks at 80% of your normal work pattern and receive 100% of your normal salary.
What you need to have:
- Essential – Graduate in any stream, ideally data science or quantitative studies
- Essential – Python and R knowledge and experience.
- Desirable; Data Science Masters
- Desirable; Strong experience in any data related activities
- Problem solving and critical thinking approach
- Understanding of data profiling, cleansing, reference data
- Comfortable in Microsoft Office Tools – MS TEAMS, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Good written and spoken communication
What makes you stand out:
- Inquisitive / growth mind-set
- Adaptable to new age data management tools
- Extensive Excel skills / VBA macros
- Visualisation tool awareness and experience; QlikView, QlikSense, PowerBI, Tableau
- Commitment to delivering value and helping clients succeed
Marsh is the world’s leading insurance broker and risk adviser. With over 35,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data driven risk solutions and advisory services. Marsh is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With annual revenue approaching US $17 billion and 76,000 colleagues worldwide, MMC helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses: Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman. Follow Marsh on Twitter @MarshGlobal; LinkedIn; Facebook; and YouTube, or subscribe to BRINK.
Marsh and McLennan is committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive and flexible work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their sex/gender, marital or parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity.